Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 08-10-2012, 10:15 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Pam!!
Did 32 mins total (cardio) on Wii. Just happy I got the 30 mins in today as I was out most of the morning running errands.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Good job Pam!!
Did 32 mins total (cardio) on Wii. Just happy I got the 30 mins in today as I was out most of the morning running errands.
Keep up the great work! I see an athelete emerging .
Old 08-13-2012, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

I Cycled for the first time to the gym today about 2 mile & mostly all uphill, then done about 50 mins of cardio & 10 mins of stretching before riding back home via a 8 mile detour.

The hardest workout yet.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:21 PM
FitDay Member

I did day 1 for the week of my 5x5 lifting routine. Squats, Bench, and Bent Over Rows. I am into my 3rd week of this and already seeing some slight improvement, especially in the traps and shoulders. It's the little things to keep us going, you know?
Old 08-14-2012, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

3.8 miles with 3 lots of 12 minute runs and a couple of minutes walk break between and as warm up/ cool down. Skipped yesterday due to my legs still being twingy from a workout on Saturday, but felt great today!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

I decided that I was done lurking here and I will start posting my workouts. I get positive motivation reading about your endevors so I decided maybe someone would get something positive from mine. As a background I joined a gym back in January. I weight lift and run on the elliptical (because an old football knee injury just doesn't like the pounding of running).

Last night, Chest, Tricep, Abs. I did a personal best (PB) on the bench press using 50lb dumbells, PB on reclined Flys using 35# Dumbells. 5 min warmup on elliptical before weights, then 40 minutes after at level 4 and staying above 4.0 mph the entire time for over 3 miles on elliptical.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:06 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Cilmaen
I Cycled for the first time to the gym today about 2 mile & mostly all uphill, then done about 50 mins of cardio & 10 mins of stretching before riding back home via a 8 mile detour.

The hardest workout yet.
Nice Job Cilmaen! 50 mins of cardio after a cardio bike ride, then more cardio home, whew! Keep it up.

Originally Posted by fullbug03044
I did day 1 for the week of my 5x5 lifting routine. Squats, Bench, and Bent Over Rows. I am into my 3rd week of this and already seeing some slight improvement, especially in the traps and shoulders. It's the little things to keep us going, you know?
Nothing like a little visual incentive to keep one going back to the workouts. Are you finding that you are able to work with slightly heavier weights?

Originally Posted by Hadena
3.8 miles with 3 lots of 12 minute runs and a couple of minutes walk break between and as warm up/ cool down. Skipped yesterday due to my legs still being twingy from a workout on Saturday, but felt great today!
A rest (or lower activity) day is always wise after pushing a hard work out. It is when we are resting that the real muscle building happens. Nice job on the run. Do you have a goal you are working toward?

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
I decided that I was done lurking here and I will start posting my workouts. I get positive motivation reading about your endevors so I decided maybe someone would get something positive from mine. As a background I joined a gym back in January. I weight lift and run on the elliptical (because an old football knee injury just doesn't like the pounding of running).

Last night, Chest, Tricep, Abs. I did a personal best (PB) on the bench press using 50lb dumbells, PB on reclined Flys using 35# Dumbells. 5 min warmup on elliptical before weights, then 40 minutes after at level 4 and staying above 4.0 mph the entire time for over 3 miles on elliptical.

Yeah! Ron's in the house .

Big acheivement for me today - 20 foot rope climb!

Climbing ropes is pretty common in Crossfit gyms, but for some reason our coaches haven't been using it much lately, or they schedule it on my off days. It is one of those skills I have always wanted to learn. Today was my chance. I was pretty sure I had the strength, but the technique was all new to me. It really didn't take much practice, just excellent coaching. I got 8 climbs in during the workout and a wicked rope burn on my shin to show for it. But I think a rope burn on my shin is better that the bruises I get on my collarbones from power cleans .
Old 08-14-2012, 09:33 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, congrats on the rope climb, I could never do that! The rope burn doesn't sound much fun though.

And yes, I've given myself 6 weeks to be running 30 minutes continuously. From being a complete non-runner to 4 and a half weeks in, I'm doing pretty good. After that, I'd like to get a sub-30 5k. Need to get my pace up to about 2 minutes per mile faster than I'm currently doing though, but it will come with time (and clear roads...waiting to cross takes so long sometimes!).

3.5 miles today with two 1 minute walk breaks. Less distance this time, but a much smaller walk breaks, so that makes up for it. 24 minutes of general body strength exercises in an hour as well.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, lots of people have appersed since I’ve been away – I was spending too much time which I don’t have on this site so took a break.

Originally Posted by jjrudd
When I started the beginning of March I could barely get thru 10 min and my co-ordination was awful.
Aren’t those changes amazing, I am continually marveling at “I couldn’t before” Jamie sounds like you had a similar experiece, finding yourself the stronger one.
Pam my Monday kettlebelll class provides that “if I didn’t have the obligation” effect, it works!

Cilmaen, Fullbug, Hadena, Welcome! You all seem to be working hard

Ron – What Pam Said, we need you on this thread!

Pam, rope climbing seems so like middle school torture, I’d skip that day – good for you.

Originally Posted by Hadena
Wow, congrats on the rope climb, I could never do that! The rope burn doesn't sound much fun though.

And yes, I've given myself 6 weeks to be running 30 minutes continuously. From being a complete non-runner to 4 and a half weeks in, I'm doing pretty good. After that, I'd like to get a sub-30 5k. Need to get my pace up to about 2 minutes per mile faster than I'm currently doing though, but it will come with time (and clear roads...waiting to cross takes so long sometimes!).

3.5 miles today with two 1 minute walk breaks. Less distance this time, but a much smaller walk breaks, so that makes up for it. 24 minutes of general body strength exercises in an hour as well.
That sounds like a great workout, and a good plan for getting your running up – after you’ve done 30 minutes, it gets easier.

Today was a 2.7 mile run in 25 minutes (a little walking in the middle), and boot camp.

Have fun all!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hit the gym, Shoulders, Back, Biceps, Abs and elliptical.

3 sets of 20 on the Ab machine with 120lbs. (This is the first time I've accomplished this without having to decrease the weight for the last few reps.)

PB on the T-bar 3 sets of 6 at 110lb.

5 min warm up on elliptical before weights, 35 minutes HIIT (20 second burst, 40 second cruise) at Level 5 and always above 4.5 mph. First time at level 5!

My neighbor told me he could see a difference from my going to the gym! That was good to hear as my weight has been slow to change.

Pam, You go girl!!! Climbing ropes is awesome. Thanks for the welcome!

Hadena, Your running goals sound great.

Dear_abby, Thanks for the welcome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.