Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-24-2012, 07:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by bettmrr
Hey there,

While browsing the threads today I spotted this one from aug 2010 thought it may be good to get it up and RUNNING again.

I try to workout most days and I'm very proud of myself when I do! I feel our efforts deserve to be recognised.
Alas this is not the most interesting topic for social interactions and I fear i'd have no friends left if I was to go on about it with them.

So we can use this spot to;
-give urself a well deserved pat on the back (or not as the case may be);
-get motivated when ur feeling less energetic;
-Own up when you've phoned it in or been lazy
-share tips and rate workouts.

I am a home exerciser for the most part. So far today I've done a 3.5mile walk but I plan to do more when I get home from work.

Anyone else care to share?
Today I took a swim test for a rowing class I just signed up for. Someone put a flyer in our newspaper box for the community rowing program, and my husband talked me into it. Since he almost never interferes with my eating, exercise, etc. I thought maybe I should listen to the one time he does! So 10 minutes of swimming today (which feels like it should have used more calories than it does), and tomorrow beginning rowing!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a great ride Pam,

Welcome Jamie - Rowing sounds amazing.

For me it was a quick run and some lifting today, feel pretty strong!

Abby
Old 06-25-2012, 02:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
Today I took a swim test for a rowing class I just signed up for. Someone put a flyer in our newspaper box for the community rowing program, and my husband talked me into it. Since he almost never interferes with my eating, exercise, etc. I thought maybe I should listen to the one time he does! So 10 minutes of swimming today (which feels like it should have used more calories than it does), and tomorrow beginning rowing!
Nice Jaime!
Welcome, rowing sounds like a lot of fun. Tell us all about it
Old 06-25-2012, 04:50 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Rowing

Thanks for the welcome! First day of rowing today, and I found quad muscles I didn't know existed. We didn't really get on the water today - spent most of the 2 hours on the rowing machines, learning and practicing correct form. (In case you are interested - starting at the back, keep your back straight and slightly tilted back, and hands halfway up your torso; then you extend arms first, and then lean forward slightly, rotating at the hips, then slide your behind forward and bend your legs. On the backward motion, you reverse it - legs, body, arms.) I have done 10 minutes on a rowing machine as a warm-up at the gym; never half an hour at a stretch! But it is nicer doing it on a dock, looking at a large peaceful river with a family of ducks on it, and with company and a coach, than it would be at the gym looking at a wall or a TV showing a show I didn't choose Wednesday we will do more machine work, but also get out on the river. There are a variety of boats - the larger ones are like the ones in the Olympics; the smallest are one person.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi!

I'm new to the sight and am really determined to make my goals! I am hoping that keeping track daily will help me ! 21 years ago when I married my husband I was 125 lbs! Today I am 187 My husband is very determined and works out at least 4-5 times a week since I have known him.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lose inches around the lower belly and/or how to stay motivated?

Good luck to all! Day 2 here I come!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Jamie, what a beautiful sounding spot. Here in Boston I always admire the rowers on the Charles. Speaking of the Charles, tonight, I am determined to make my first run along the Charles with a runners group I joined recently.
The whether should be perfect, and it’s a good day schedule wise.

Welcome Ntheo. You will lose inches on the belly by practicing fork set downs, and table push aways – really, you can’t spot reduce, but losing fat, loses it. In terms of motivation, knowing that this board is watching and encouraging is a big plus for me. I expect to see a Day 3 here I come post from you!

Today I got in an easier run than usual, followed by a boot camp which had some real challenges. I’ll be in the Rockies next week, I hear you lose weight just by trying to exist at 9,000 feet, hoping that works!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Abby, good for you for joining a runners group! Boston is such an interesting city, and running you will see it in a whole new way.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Another great ride this morning. Not quite as strong as Sunday, but still killing the hills
Old 06-27-2012, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

After slacking off for a week, I finally made it in to the gym yesterday to repent with an "interval weight training" workout. First I warmed up with plenty of variations on squats and lunges. Then did a shoulder/push press with just the bar, 10 reps followed by a 30 second overhead hold, 4 rounds. I had to take breaks of course but my shoulders/chest got epically pumped afterwards.

I followed that up with form practice with the bare bar on cleans and front squats. Rounded out with a couple of real power cleans and a kilometer sprint on the rowing machine.

Hello, DOMS.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
After slacking off for a week, I finally made it in to the gym yesterday to repent with an "interval weight training" workout. First I warmed up with plenty of variations on squats and lunges. Then did a shoulder/push press with just the bar, 10 reps followed by a 30 second overhead hold, 4 rounds. I had to take breaks of course but my shoulders/chest got epically pumped afterwards.

I followed that up with form practice with the bare bar on cleans and front squats. Rounded out with a couple of real power cleans and a kilometer sprint on the rowing machine.

Hello, DOMS.
So what's the excuse? I have grown to love power cleans. When you get 'em right you know it. Nice job on the rowing machine - a 1K sprint yikes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.