Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-11-2012, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
It was a 15 mile trail race in the San Bernardino Mts (SoCal). I've run this one twice before, so am well aware of what I signed up for . Lots of big hills. As soon as I figure out how to copy the elevation profile from my GPS, I'll post it. 3 miles uphill, 9 miles nice rolling terrain (7500') and then a screaming (when you aren't picking your way through rocks and boulders on the steeps) 3 miles down hill.

As it turned out it was the best race of the season. I crushed my PR, had no leg cramps, which have plagued me in the past. And felt great at the finish. I felt much better after this 15 miler than I did after the 10 miler last month. And didn't really feel all that bad after the 10 miler.

How's the glutes? (exaggeration is part of the fun )
I was down that way last week (Vacation) and I don't see how you can run in brown air.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
I was down that way last week (Vacation) and I don't see how you can run in brown air.

Yea, the air can get a bit chewy down here. For the most part air quality improves dramatically at night, so most of us are AM runners. Once rush hour starts the pollution builds back up so that by noon or so, it can be pretty bad.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Yea, the air can get a bit chewy down here. For the most part air quality improves dramatically at night, so most of us are AM runners. Once rush hour starts the pollution builds back up so that by noon or so, it can be pretty bad.
Ya, I guess you would have to plan your runs a lil better than up here, although our pollution seems to be getting worse. I would also imagine the air would be cleaner along the coastal areas, thought would be fun to run on the beach in the early am.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

5 Tibetans x 17 - 10min
Treadmill - 20 min
stationary rowing - 15min
stair-treadmill ergometer - 20min
Bob Harper - Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation - w2 d2 - 45min
Bob Harper - Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation - Bonus Abs - w2 d2 - 12 min
Old 06-12-2012, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Worked out twice today! Yippee.
Lunch time:
10 min elliptical, dumbbell exercises, finished off with balance ball crunches

After work:
30 minutes on the elliptical, pushups, stretched my sore muscles over the balance ball, then on to some more dumbbell exercises followed by deadlift and military presses (5 X 3 on those last two).
Old 06-12-2012, 11:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Ya, I guess you would have to plan your runs a lil better than up here, although our pollution seems to be getting worse. I would also imagine the air would be cleaner along the coastal areas, thought would be fun to run on the beach in the early am.
Air pollution affects on plants is my research specialty and I can tell you that Sac's air is pretty bad! Not quite SoCal. But you guys have a lot of agricultural pollutants up there the we don't have here. Just 'cuz you can't see it don't mean it aint there

Originally Posted by Tunnrida
5 Tibetans x 17 - 10min
Treadmill - 20 min
stationary rowing - 15min
stair-treadmill ergometer - 20min
Bob Harper - Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation - w2 d2 - 45min
Bob Harper - Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation - Bonus Abs - w2 d2 - 12 min
Wow! You are killing it girl! Is your stationary rowing on a machine? That is about the only piece of mechanical equipment us CrossFitters use. I am one of the few in the gym who actually likes rowing, but 15 minutes is a long time!

Originally Posted by Spookycheeseofdoom
Worked out twice today! Yippee.
Lunch time:
10 min elliptical, dumbbell exercises, finished off with balance ball crunches

After work:
30 minutes on the elliptical, pushups, stretched my sore muscles over the balance ball, then on to some more dumbbell exercises followed by deadlift and military presses (5 X 3 on those last two).
NICE! I bet those abs are getting tight!

CrossFit for me this morning. Finally got a chance to do Turkish Get-Ups. (I couldn't possibly explain them, so if you are curious google them). It seems that I always miss the workouts that have them programmed. We were doing them for form rather that time - I really liked them. Great core work.

Abby, dear Abby where are you???
Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 PM
FitDay Member

Didn't have time to head to the gym, so I did this:

(40) Jumping jacks

I plan to do WAY more today!

Behlor
Old 06-13-2012, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Behlor,

Sorry folks, I've been MIA, and although I've read and enjoyed your posts, I can't respond. I had a lot of life interfering with fitness, but today was a wonderful run (3.5 miles in half an hour), followed by boot camp. I thought I had strained my knee running, it was a little sore, but the dynamic stetching at the start of boot camp solved it completely!

Have a good, strong day!

Abby
Old 06-13-2012, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Abby,

Glad to be on this post...

Right now I'm horrendously out of shape, but I see boot camp in my future How do I prepare for it? Behlor
Old 06-13-2012, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by behlorsantifit2012
Hi, Abby,

Glad to be on this post...

Right now I'm horrendously out of shape, but I see boot camp in my future How do I prepare for it? Behlor
You've come to the right place to move from "horrendously out of shape" to something you are proud of - I did it with these people rooting me on!

Boot Camp means different things to different people - I'm quite sure I couldn't handle some of them. Ours is a half hour class where we divide into groups (there were 12 of us today, so three groups of 4). We do a dynamic stretching warm up (I've always run first, so the heart is nice and ticking), the dynamic stretching consists of different walks across the gym (for example, hold your knee to the chest for a few seconds, step forward, do with other leg). After that, we move from station to station doing something for two minutes each - for example squat jump up to the step, crunch on the ball, curl the weight bar.

Anyone who can walk could take this class, there are easy and hard versions of each movement, and you go at your own pace for the time at each station. We cheer each other on, and feel good together.

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.