Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-17-2012, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I too headed to the gym with a "OK at least I'm here" feeling. But once there the spirit of the place took hold and I had an awesome workout! I'm even thinking I may go in tomorrow - 2 days in a row is not my usual MO
Nice! I also went in @ 5:30am for about an hour before work.
I also registered for a 10k this Sunday
Old 05-18-2012, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I too headed to the gym with a "OK at least I'm here" feeling. But once there the spirit of the place took hold and I had an awesome workout! I'm even thinking I may go in tomorrow - 2 days in a row is not my usual MO
Yeah – “once the spirit of the place took hold” is a great way to describe it – it’s hard not to work hard with the encouragement.

SW, good luck with your race this weekend !

Tunnrida – great to see you still going and going and going

DH hates it when I go for a run in the neighborhood, much nicer for him if I’m out of the way while he finishes sleep. But, I had decided to not spin today, (because the “B” instructor was subbing for the “A” instructor) – so I said that I would just go in for a run, he said “why, it’s going to be a beautiful day” – so I decided he can deal with my noise once in a while, and got the most amazing run, it wasn’t very long, about 35 minutes, and 3.2 hilly miles, but what a beautiful world I live in. The sun over the hills, the flowers, if you’ve never visited New England in the spring, come to Boston!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Abby, how lovely to just get outside and enjoy the spring beauty.

SW good luck on your race this weekend, let us know how you did.

Everyone else - keep it up and maybe kick it up a notch .

I wanted to run this morning, but I have too many appointments at work and I was pretty sore from yesterday's workout. (At least that's what I told myself ). Yoga this evening and homemade pizza for dinner. We haven't made pizza in months in deference to my weight loss program, so I am really looking forward to it!
Old 05-19-2012, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby

Sorry you’re discouraged Tunnrida, but measure your efforts, not results – you keep at it, and every day you are healtier in small ways.

tnx
Old 05-19-2012, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Tunnrida – great to see you still going and going and going
Yes, I'm going, I hope that will start to see that I travel
Old 05-19-2012, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

5 Tibetans x 9 - 5min
Old 05-21-2012, 03:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Nice, challenging trail run on Sunday. Lots of hills, some longer that others. While I love the short steep hills, the longer ones just kill me . My saving grace is that I am a good downhill runner so I can often catch the uphill sprinters on the downhill.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

5 Tibetans x 11 - 7min
stationary biking level 4 - 40min
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 week3 day1 - 30min
Old 05-22-2012, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, I love watching your life – I see beautiful runs, yoga, homemade pizza, this is stuff to rejoice in!

Tunnrida, I had no idea Jillian made that many different videos – I only knew 30 day shred which I did when I was unemployed and couldn’t afford a gym.

Lazy weekend, and it continuted to Monday morning, but today I got up and spun, worked very hard – with this teacher, it’s up to me to work hard, I know, it always is, but instead of giving “orders” she makes suggestions “you can do some sprints if you’d like”(picture it in a valley girl accent). I’ve gotten better at seeing if I can do every suggestion, and it’s getting better. 15 minutes of sit ups at the end.

It’s going to be a bad Y week – I really shouldn’t have skipped yesterday, as Thursday I have a breakfast meeting (I’ll write on the blackboard “I will not eat the potatoes and muffins”), and Friday AM an appointment, I better plan good runs those days.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Pam, I love watching your life – I see beautiful runs, yoga, homemade pizza, this is stuff to rejoice in!

It’s going to be a bad Y week – I really shouldn’t have skipped yesterday, as Thursday I have a breakfast meeting (I’ll write on the blackboard “I will not eat the potatoes and muffins”), and Friday AM an appointment, I better plan good runs those days.

Likewise Abby... beautiful spring mornings in New England, walking to the Y and work (and a little mass transit). Not to mention lazy weekends shared w/ the hubby.

stay.away.from.the.carbs! Think: ooooh fruit!

many pull-ups and push-ups this morning but it was all good

Tunnrida, how goes the clean eating?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.