Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-02-2012, 01:46 AM

i've been using my free week at Curves for women, which is a circuit of light cardio and resistance training that lasts 30 minutes. not a lot compared to what some on here do, but it's the first exercise i've done in about a gazillion years. i've gone 4 times in 6 days. didn't want to go today...not feeling real well...but now that i've gone i feel a little better. really feel like i'm accomplishing something!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421
i've been using my free week at Curves for women, which is a circuit of light cardio and resistance training that lasts 30 minutes. not a lot compared to what some on here do, but it's the first exercise i've done in about a gazillion years. i've gone 4 times in 6 days. didn't want to go today...not feeling real well...but now that i've gone i feel a little better. really feel like i'm accomplishing something!

I started my fitness journey at Curves - it was a lot for me, and there I learned about feeling better after moving, how wonderful a workout can be. My Curves closed, and I started joining a bunch of different gyms (in sequence), It was a wonderful growth experience, and I'm very appreciative that it exists.

Good Luck!

Abby
Old 05-02-2012, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

OhMeGeeItsPanda

At this moment I feel like I can't really give advice because I am not successfully to get back on the wagon. But at the legs things, I have something to talk about.

Big legs or skinny legs are the way we are build. Work on a specific area is just to tone it. I have big legs too but very firm and tone. And I am happy to show them. Just find something good about your legs to be proud of such as tone, tan, straight whatever you can find.
Mai
Old 05-02-2012, 06:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi everyone,
Welcome to all the new posters - glad to see you!
I've been slacking a little these past 2 weeks. Lots of work stuff including giving a talk to the Rotary Club on air pollution and fire this morning. It was a lot of fun, very attentive crowd and I would have finished on time if they kept interrupting me with questions.

Tomorrow I should be getting back to my routine, but I just realized that next week will be too busy for my AM Crossfit due to a field experiment that requires that I get my butt on the road by 7. OK... maybe the week after.

I know I'll get my exercise on Saturday with the race
Old 05-02-2012, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

I have decided to do a month at the gym as road running made my hip hurt but that doesnt mean I wont rule out running on road one day !
Old 05-03-2012, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

Good for you Sara, not letting the injury get in your way!

Today was a nice fast run - 3.25 miles in 29 minutes, followed by amazing yoga, I can handle today!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:20 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Sara750S
I have decided to do a month at the gym as road running made my hip hurt but that doesnt mean I wont rule out running on road one day !
Sara, do you have nonpaved trails available in your area? I've found that the uneveness of a trail helps me avoid the repetative discomfort of running on relatively flat pavement.

Soooo, yup even though I have to skip many workouts/runs in the last few weeks I ran an awesome 10 mile race today. All hills, either up or down, and at 5000 feet elevation. I am guessing that I was very well rested and that since my overall fitness is really good, the combo gave me lots of energy to complete the race with a big PR.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

5 Tibetans x 7 - 5min
stationary biking - 40min
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 week1 day1 - 35min
Old 05-07-2012, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Did my daily 1 hr, then cut the grass. Legs really feeling it.

Tunnrida - what are Tibetans?
Old 05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nanciq
Tunnrida - what are Tibetans?
Five Tibetan Rites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Five Tibetan Rites

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.