Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 04-23-2012, 11:07 PM
FitDay Member

Ran 2 miles this morning! I know thats not alot but it is for me!!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

5 Tibetans - 10 min
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 3 - day 6 - 27min
walk 45 min
Old 04-24-2012, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

Pam – Portland is one of my bucket list places – I’ve never been to the PNW at all, and hear it is amazing. Keep going! Success breeds success

Dave – it’s hard to combine weights and cardio – I find weights always lose when time gets tight.
Sara – Welcome – a lot for you is all that matters, and you’re the one that is doing it. The jump from two to three miles will come soon if you want it to, and then you can drop in conversation “well, after running 5K this morning…”

And, as regular as the sun, Tunnrida, great work.

Pretty boring spinning class today – I was a few minutes late, and considered just running instead, because this instructor is less than engaging, but I want to support the program, so I spun, and did work pretty hard. Then I added 5 crunches to my set.
Stay strong!

Abby
Old 04-24-2012, 02:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Sara750S
Ran 2 miles this morning! I know thats not alot but it is for me!!
Sara 2 miles is GREAT! Remember most people can't run 200 feet.

Abby sorry that the new spin instructor is so blah. I know you have spoken to management about it, so I guess you just have to find inspiration w/in yourself. Besides, you have lots of other activities at the gym that keep you excited. Actually Portland reminds me a little of Boston - on a smaller scale. PNW is beautiful. Like most of the west coast, you don't have to go very far to be in a completely different environment. Start at the shore, an hour or so later you are in Portland, and keep going and in a couple of hours you are in the Cascade Mts.

No physical exercise this morning. But I did get some manuscript edits done and notes written up from a meeting last week.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:32 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the positive comments! I seem to be apologising to people when they ask how far I run as my response is "only 2 miles"! But then I forget that a few months ago I was walking/shuffling that.

Target is a 5k fun event booked for June!

Sara
Old 04-24-2012, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

5 Tibetans - 10 min
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 3 - day 7 - 27min
walk 30 min
Old 04-25-2012, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Sara, we’ll be rooting for you in the 5K – you might want to go to “Team Fitday” thread, which is all about getting ready for specific events. I completely understand about aplogizing for your length – I have a goal of 366 miles in this year (that’s average of 1 a day), it’s not much, but my husband is fond of pointing out it is probably 362 more than he will do! My first mile was fairly recent, and I still feel accomplished at that point in my route.

Today was a 3.18 run, 32 minutes – nothing impressive but the hills were intense, and the day was amazing, sun was coming up, and a million things in bloom!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Just a short walk/run for 30min around the hotel. It's a nice way to do a little sightseeing and restaurant scoping . Now back to the meeting rooms.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

3.25 mile run in 30 minutes - had to go pretty fast so as to meet my year goal, then yoga.

Yoga ended badly, the next class (which is an elder fitness class of some sort) never learned "wait outside", and all came in loudly at the end of youga, the instructor asked them to leave (in the lowest, most yoga instructor voice), and they raised voices and started getting angry it was wierd (and not even after the transition moment). The instructor felt bad, but really, the power of the class was not destroyed, it was stronger than this anger. However, I sent an e-mail to management (I'm getting a reputation) to try to get more space between classes.

Stay strong
Old 04-26-2012, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Sara750S
Thank you for the positive comments! I seem to be apologising to people when they ask how far I run as my response is "only 2 miles"! But then I forget that a few months ago I was walking/shuffling that.

Target is a 5k fun event booked for June!

Sara
Something to be aware of. You only need a very few daily miles to reach a very large portion of your potential.
Example from my own past. I ran track/cross country in high school( grad.1978). I was not able to afford decent running shoes so I was only running 3-4 miles a day for the two years I competed. 2 mile in 10:55, mile in 5:09. Three years later, running in college and covering 70-85 miles a week (10-12 miles/day) brought my mile to 4:32, 2 mile estimated at 9:40 (5K run in college, no 2 mile race).
Really not a whole lot of improvement compared to the investment in time and mileage.
Then look at world class runners. 80-120(or more) miles per week for a second or two(maybe) in the mile.
Never apologize for your running, you're out there doing it and not couch surfing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.