Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 04-13-2012, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Today was an exhausting spin, the instructor who thought he’d passed his class to someone else was there, he said “it’s my day off, so I just came in to blow off steam” – we did intervals, totally exhaust yourself to an ever increasing number of seconds, then blissful, short recovery, and start again. I tried to finish with my usual crunch routine, and got 25 with a 5 Lb weight done on the decline bench, but when I moved on to working my oblique (bicycle crunches), I got a sharp pain. I decided I know my body well enough to pay attention when it tells me to stop, so I did.
I have learned from experience that when the body yells enough to make the best break, otherwise it still will not make sense
Old 04-14-2012, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 2 - day 10 - 27min
Stationary bike level 3 - 45min

+from midnight to 7 am pulling crates in the nightclub because it was the lack of waiters
Old 04-15-2012, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

Managed a session this morning, and was a bit disappointed I didn't make it yesterday.
I was exhausted as I work nights and then went to karate with my boy.
I spent the rest of the day dossing around- if you can't do it, you can't do it.

Hope you all had a good weekend, and Abby, hopefully you are okay.

Cross trainer -40 minutes, 3.17 miles-levels 12 and 13.
Circular arm machine - 10 minutes, levels 8-10( distance doesn't work properly).
Bike- 30 minutes, 8.68 miles.
Treadmill-half a mile in 11.41 slow walk.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

This mornings effort

Cross trainer level 10-30 minutes, 2.28 miles.
Bike level 10-20.43 minutes, 6 miles.
Rowing 10 minutes, 2247 metres.
Weight machines-inner and outer thigh, bicep curl, chest press, pulldown and abs.
Half a mile cool down walk to finish, 10.29 minutes.

Going to be busy for a couple of days, so aiming to get up there maybe Thursday.
Best wishes all.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your kind words Tunrrida and Dave, my muscles feel fine after a little rest - I'll try crunching tomorrow.

Dave, you're doing some impressive work, and Tunridda, pulling crates must be exhausting!

The pillow won this morning, no gym, and a very decadent weekend. I did get a short walk in, but nothing to write home about. It's Marathon Day here in Boston, the city is stuffed with amazing athletes. Last night we went out to dinner, and the table next to us was carbo loading for today. It is fun to be near it - the heat is scary today, which will benefit the Kenyans - who tend to win.

Abby
Old 04-16-2012, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Sat. 4/14, Ran 11.5 miles and walked the dogs later in the evening (2.5 miles).
Sun. 4/14, Bike ride for 12miles, walked the dogs and mowed my yards- feeling pretty beat by 6pm.
Got 2 weeks till my first 1/2 marathon
Today is a rest day
Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Stationary bike level 3 - 40min
Old 04-16-2012, 08:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yesterday was landscaping/gardening - 7 hours. I was totally wacked by the end of the day, but I got tons done including eliminated 2 big patches of "desert peach", a lovely plant, but give it a square foot and it will take and acre.

Drove home this morning and have an appt this afternoon - since Monday is my usual rest day, I'm taking full advantage.

Nice work SW, I think you are going to like the longer races, but let us know what you think.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Stationary bike level 3 - 40min
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 3 - day 1 - 27min

and I'm dropping dead!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Pkrystal123 – I haven’t clicked on your links, if you are selling something, please check the rules on that.

SW, soundls like you’ve got plenty of real world training, I’ve heard dogs called “fuzzy little treadmills”. Good luck with your upcoming ½

You too Pam - 7 hours is intense, whatever you are doing.

Spinning today – a fairly disappointing class, I’m going to ask the fitness director, who used to teach that class if he will observe and offer the instructor some feedback – she just doesn’t seem very involved in the class, and I expect that’s something she could learn with a little help – she’s quiet for long periods, so you just keep pedaling. I worked pretty hard – that’s up to me, not her. My post spinning crunches went fine.

I’ve got client meetings about a mile away, it’s about the same time by subway or walking, so I’ll get two nice walks as part of work today!

Be strong!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.