Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

RBS - yoga feels so good, I haven't done a lot of classes as my flexibility is still very poor and all the others started a couple of years ago. I have been doing at home and have stopped hating downward dog.

Abby the inversion is for hanging upside down this was from a wesite I found

Inversion devices are promoted as a tool to be used in gaining flexibility. Static-active stretching methods impossible to perform while standing can be performed upside down for the spinal flexors, side flexors and extensors, and situps are a closed-chain exercise for the hip flexors (a static-active stretch for the hip extensors) compared to the upright exercise, leg raises, which are open-chain movements.

I just love it for my hips and lower back. It does nothing for my shoulders and neck but I can't believe the differnce in my aches and pains in my spine.
Zumba is a blast, the instructor wears some outrageous clothes, caftans, parachute jumpsuits it's hilarious. I would love to do water Zumba.

My daywillcome, I listen to podcasts on weight. Jillan Michaels, Fat4fit etc. they have some good advice and it makes time fly. So I'm exercising and learning.

Lastri, any exercise for any amount of time is better than nothing so good on you for doing something.

Tunrida, way to work it.

Pam, way to go on the Crossfit. I tried the idea today as I did 1 minute of squats, no rest and straight in to burpees then in to leg press. OMG 3 rounds for a total of 10 minutes and I was done and had to go to the bike for 45 mins. to rest.

Last edited by crazigerl; 03-22-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Mai, you are fit strong and determined too – we keep seeing you here!

Turrinda, nice to see you here – can you tell me about your avatar? Lookls like a cupcake with devil horns! Adding a bike to a Jillian day – impressive!

Pam, I live in a very yoga rich town, you see people on the T (that’s what we call the Subway ) with yoga mats all the time. I have friends who have chucked it all and become yoga instructors , or at least spend their vacations at yoga retreats. There are classes at the Y and at my church; its finding time for one more activity – I’d like to work it into a vacation.
Congrats on finishing first, and the presecribed weight can’t be prescribed for everyone!

Crazigerl, the inversion sounds cool – and those Zumba outfits always make me laugh – back when I took it at the Y I realized that one of the instructors wore outfits that made it easy for even me to tell left from right! (short on left, long pant on right!).
Your message to Mai is one we should all frame: “any exercise for any amount of time is better than nothing”

Spinning was Long Intervals today – quite challenging – and my crunches afterwards weren’t as strong as they have been, but I am glad to be back on routine, my yogurt and banana was lovely!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Survived another day of P90x. Woke up this morning, didn't feel for it but went anyway. Feel good now. Then the weather is nice and my son and I went to a lake walk around and took pictures. But my allergies came, I feel terrible. So many sneezes, eyes watering.

Pam, thanks for your words. You are right! I should just do it. I sure will be flexible eventually.

Mai
Old 03-23-2012, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Today I did :
the stationary bike 45min
Jillian Michelas 30day shred level 1 - 27min
easy walk on sun - 25min
Old 03-25-2012, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Turrinda, nice to see you here – can you tell me about your avatar? Lookls like a cupcake with devil horns! Adding a bike to a Jillian day – impressive!
I just now noticed!

This is a picture from a book "Skinny bitch".
And muffins are the only cake that I make and I love to eat, especially chocolate ones XD

I am currently on day 5 of the first level.
I adore Jillian, only DVD training and general training that is demonstrated to me the results.
I plan eventually to practice all of her DVDs.
stationary bike can currently withstand 45min, hopefully soon ancestors to 1 hour!
if I had a role model in the exercise and the final look must to be Jillian!

the stationary bike 45min
Jillian Michelas 30day shred level 1 day 5 - 27min
Old 03-25-2012, 01:04 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Two and a half hours of cross country skiing. I would say it was lovely - and it was - but it got very windy and snowy so both DH and I ended up pretty chilled despite the activity.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

Abby-spinning and crunching. My abs hurt just thinking about it.

Mai, way to get your butt moving even thoiugh initially you didn't feel like it.

Tunrida, there is no way you are not going to meet that April 1st goal with all your effort.

RBS-x-country, what a beautiful way to spend a day.

Saturday, I went on a beautiful bicycle ride for two hours, the mountains were awe inspiring. I found trails on the other side of the river I never knew before. It was such a good for the soul day and great exercise to boot. I wish all exercise was that fulfilling. However, I have terrible hard seat butt today. Which in one way is good as I can't sit for long.

Today was gardening. I can't figure out with all the weighlifting, Zumba, and cardio how there is any unused muscles but there is. I feel pleasantly exhausted.

Keep up the good work ladies. Have a good Monday.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mai, you get a “BIDIA” (But I did it anyway) award – they often come with the phrase “feel good now”.

Nice work Tunnrida – Jillian can be quite a task mistress!

Pam – sounds like a great experience – how long will you be able to ski?

Crazigerl, how wonderful to exercise your soul and body a the same time

I also got in some good gardening on Saturday – Sunday was too cold. We had a “false spring” but back to normal March weather now. I slept badly last night, but had an appointment with a trainer so had to get up – he wasn’t there (it was a bit of an informal appointment), and I didn’t have the brain to do weight lifting (which is my normal Monday), so I just got on a treadmill – however the one I chose was defective, the incline down button didn’t work so once you got to a certain level, you were stuck there (well, you could turn it off). I went pretty slow and hilly because I didn’t feel any energy, but felt good as it went along. Hope this coffee works!

Abby
Old 03-26-2012, 02:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

SIGH! some days are like that Abby I think I would have throw in the towel and stomped back home

X-C sky wasn't very long ~8 miles in 2.5 hours. Both of us would have liked to have gone a little longer, but the wind and wet snow kind of sapped our energy.

Today off to the Mt for a morning of downhill skiing! The mt got about 6 more inches yesterday and it being Monday the crowds will be very modest.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Gerl, you said you wear othortic. Do you buy at Dr. Scholl or custom made at the foot doctor? I have 1 make at the foot doctor. But just one pair SOme time I want to wear different shoes and have to move it around.
Abby, you did great. Some day just like that. Uhg.
Pam, what a great experience! I have never ski. Hope some day I can learn.

Stick with my P90x still.
mai

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.