Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 02-12-2012, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

Used the elliptical today... Going to start P90X tomorrow and continue my running on Tues, Thurs, Sat till my races are over. Three months and counting
Old 02-12-2012, 04:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey Urban,
Good luck with the P90X. I hear you can get awesome results if you stick to it - and I know you will.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, thanks for your kind words, I was actually thinking as I got out of the shower today “this is the place I am happiest, maybe I should go to school, and learn to be a trainer” – but, probably not smart to start that career at 50. Skiing sounds amazing!

Mule, hope that knee is holding up.

Snafuken, you start to enjoy the sore! Great to see you keeping at it.

Breethe – the first 5K is a great accomplishment – and to keep the movements going for 60 – that’s awesome!

Crazigerl, be nice to the rotator cuff – there are plenty of other muscles in the meantime.

Running for one fast mile today, followed by weights. I’m glad I made it, I’m feeling pretty blue (no reason), and know that moving is one of my best bets to triumph over that!

Abby
Old 02-13-2012, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Today I joined a free 30 days fit challenge
Mostly bodyweight workout routines + some basic equipment. At first day I had only my fit test so I can later see my improvement doing the same exercises.
Nice thing about that is also a fact, that I dont have to worry about how will I work out today - instead I can concetrate on some of healthy recipes
Old 02-13-2012, 03:29 PM
FitDay Member

Abby I hope you are in the pink soon, good for you using the drug of exercise.

1fit - that sounds exciting. Was it through your local gym.

Today I did core work, planks, balls and bosu and yoga. I love yoga. My spine feels longer already, pretty sure I'm up to 5"4 and an eighth.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
1fit - that sounds exciting. Was it through your local gym.
Nop, its the power of the internet
All workouts are designed for everyone to do them wherever they want-home, gym, outside, etc. - and that is just something exactly for me
Old 02-14-2012, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

1FitChallenge – we’l be rooting for you in those 30 days- I find programs like that very motivating.

Crazigerl, thanks for your good wishes, I try to avoid the paths of despair, but they are easy to fall into, I am much better today – I got properly “high” on spin clas. I’ve never done Yoga, it’s on my “bucket list”, they don’t have it at my Y, but around the corner from my office is a studio.

It was a great Spin class – I thought the instructor was playing “Whack a Mole” – he had each of us bouncing up for an interval at random moments, you never knew when you would be called. Quite fun.

Afterwards, I tried my sit ups with 10 pound weights – I got through 16 before switching back to a 5 for the last ten.

Today will be a glorious day, rejoice that you have it!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

computer died so i stopped logging in to check in here... using someone elses for the moment.

hit the gym wednesday, friday, sunday, monday... each day had its ups and downs. i feel like ive finally hit the weights im capable of doing(i started with lower weights and kept adjusting upwards if i found it relatively easy to do a set of 10) im starting to lose inches fast, bought new pants on friday, and they are already loose(and yes i have washed them and they did shrink....) starting to get stretch marks from lifting too.

new fastest 5k on friday of 36minutes, was able to run the whole thing without a slow down to walk or catch my breath. been adding more and more abs work outs to my everyday work out. im feeling pretty tired all the time so im thinking i may scale back for a week and get some rest in.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Pam, thanks for your kind words, I was actually thinking as I got out of the shower today “this is the place I am happiest, maybe I should go to school, and learn to be a trainer” – but, probably not smart to start that career at 50. Skiing sounds amazing!

Abby
Maybe an encore career?
Old 02-14-2012, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Went to the gym today, ran (hobbled) 1.5 miles.. knee still hurts and was throwing off my stride so I ended up biking for 8 miles instead this is a sad moment... I want to continue running since I only have 12 weeks left before the 1/2, but I want to take the time I need to rest and get better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.