Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 11-17-2011, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah Mary, I didn't see you at the Y (our Y's being 100's of miles apart could explain that!)

Pam, my wardrobe malfunction was for work, I get up and put on sweats and carry professional clothes...
Old 11-17-2011, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still dragging my butt. Too many problems with clients and the stupidity of buracracy, my mind has shut down so ignore the spelling. Tomorrow should be totally in my control - unless I answer the phone! I will go to the Y tomorrow or Saturday. I will weight in next Wed with the weight I don't want to go over by Jan. My weight is up from my need for comfort food and cola this week, I plan on getting back in control of diet tomorrow. I have made a plan to deal with my manic paranoid client and that is helping with my stress. Reducing my coffee intake has helped too.

If we get any more snow my next post might be reporting digging out my cross country skis! Mary
Old 11-17-2011, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

Mary sorry to hear about the high stress, comfort food is better than other drugs we often turn to!

Today was spinning class - the instructor had a heart monitor to test, so I wore it, which was interesting, the fluctuations between working as hard as I can and the rest periods were huge! After class I did 25 crunches, and now ready for a challenge.

Abby
Old 11-18-2011, 03:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Mary, It seems to me that often the times that I need the exercise most is when I am least likely to get it. At least you are getting the yoga and sauna in. That should help with the stress. And DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE. For me it is opening e-mail. Even though my life is tied to the email server there have been many a morning when I just can't bring myself to see what problems lurk in my inbox. .

Pre-holiday weight: 137.8

The legs are still a little tired from the race and X-fit keeps including sprints in the workouts, so longer runs have been off the table until maybe Sunday. I am heading up to the Mt house today so I expect to get some rest - hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can do an easy 6 miler on Sunday.

Have a good weekend everyone and stay healthy!
Old 11-20-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

I agree and I am going to have to set up a regular exercise schedule. I find I am worse at journalling too when busy and stressed. Getting my exercise cleaning this weekend. Mary
Old 11-20-2011, 05:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Unhappy No running today

Wet snow in the mountains. Apparently the storm that was supposed to miss us spun around last night and hit this morning. I don't think that we will get much accumulation. If it were a cold dry snow, I might be up for a short run, but this stuff has all the makings of a serious case of hypothermia. DH and I may go out and collect rocks later today... that may be my outdoor exercise. And I'll spend an hour on yoga this afternoon, so it won't be a total loss, but it does put me off the training schedule a little
Old 11-21-2011, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mary,

Stress I get and answering the phone and the inbox and so on. I exercised this a.m. for an hour and then learned that my husband didn't have to leave for work until a little later- So, I had to exercise around him until he left- and then I got a lecture about something else on top of it. Solution=exercise time will change 15 minutes later so I am starting my warm-up as he is leaving out the door : )

I am happy this morning now and the stress has left my mind and body. I hope you have a better day today Mary and find your solutions
Old 11-21-2011, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Edy - I understand about needing to work around DH for exercise, can be annoying, but on the whole, I'll keep him.

I got to the Y today, and worked out with my free trainer - he's awesome, I thanked him for all the time he's been giving me, and he said "It's helping me as much as it is helping you" - what a nice guy - is it appropriate to get him a Christmas gift? And if so, what? (or nicer to make a donation to the Y in his honor?)

We set up a new routine, lots of body weight exercises instead of free weights - balance challenges.

Have a great day!

Abby
Old 11-21-2011, 04:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
I got to the Y today, and worked out with my free trainer - he's awesome, I thanked him for all the time he's been giving me, and he said "It's helping me as much as it is helping you" - what a nice guy - is it appropriate to get him a Christmas gift? And if so, what? (or nicer to make a donation to the Y in his honor?)

Abby
Hi Abby,
I'm kind of struggling with this too. My coachs are awesome. One of them I have been working with for almost a year, the others are more recent, but just as helpful.

I'm thinking of a $25 gift card, but not quite sure to what. Last year I gave my troops at the salon all $50 checks - basically a bonus tip, but I don't feel that is quite appropriate for the coachs, I don't tip them.

I know that the coachs are all struggling a little finacially so maybe a grocery store card??? We have a wonderful "wholefoods" like store called Sprouts that they all shop at, but I don't know if they have gift cards. I'll check into it.

I posted some pix of the mountain house in the TEAM thread. We got a our first snow yesterday - just enough to be pretty without causing any problems. My running trail is down the hill and it looks like it is snow free, so off I go a little later this morning.

Stay healthy everyone.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

I EXERCISED TODAY! I'm pretty proud of myself. After being sick all weekend and doing basically nothing other than getting out of bed and feeding the cat, it was great to actually be able to move a little bit. An hour of Zumba and some stairs at work were all I got in today, but it's better than 3 weeks ago when I'd have someone else run upstairs and bring down what ever it was that I needed. It's amazing how just a few changes in my diet has quadrupled my energy level. Snooze only gets hit once in the mornings now. Now THAT is an accomplishment!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.