Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-27-2011, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

I usually do my Leslie Sansone DVD's, 6 miles total a day (Hour and 30 minutes total). So 3 in the morning and 3 at night . In between that I lift my weights, leg band exercises, and Ab Rocket.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Sharkbite !
Welcome Brewos – kayaking sounds beautiful!
Welcome Fynetate – sounds like quite a workout
(Did I miss any new faces? )
Mary, can I borrow your grandkids? They sound like great fitness machines!
Rose, isn’t it exciting when you realize you are running? And can keep going!

Normally you don’t see posts from me on Monday – it’s hard for me to get to the gym, but I pushed myself, and got a 2 mile 18 minute run (I was on the machine for 20 minutes, but I’m only talking about my fast bit), then lots of lifting and lunges! I’m starting to be proud of my day-after aches!

Abby
Old 06-27-2011, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Rose, isn’t it exciting when you realize you are running? And can keep going!
It sure is, Abby! This morning I went out for another run because the weather was so nice, I thought it was a shame to workout indoors. I usually alternate between running and my workout DVD so that I don't run two days in a row. I don't know if that's why, but this morning I found it so hard. I didn't know if I could finish but I pushed through and completed the 40-minute run/walk and afterwards I felt amazing!

Thanks for the motivation, Everyone!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Got out for a test bike ride ( after tightening the brakes), Seadoo ride after fixing the battery, I'm counting my time repairing things as exercise! and 9 holes of golf. Had to skip work for a funeral so I made the best of the rest of the day. Mary
Old 06-27-2011, 06:49 PM
FitDay Member

Ran after work today, didn't really have distance set, just ran.
Ended up doing 5 miles in 50:27min, felt good, nice steady pace- the weather was 88* with breeze.

I'm thinking about doing a 4th of July 5k- this particular race will mark my 1yr anniversary since I started running in organized timed events and will be my 20th race.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mary - time spent fixing things is fitness time - just as hanging out with friends in the locker room is too, trying on shoes? why not - as long as you do it cardiolly!

SW you inspire me - I'm still thinking about scheduling my first 5K!

The sales pitch of the Boston Y is "it's all inside the Y" and there is always something fun happening at the Y – today a new trainer was walking around saying he was starting a Zumba class at 6:45 AM – I’ve always wanted to try Zumba so I was pleased – but we didn’t start till 7 – I tried to keep moving and do some crunches in that time, but wasn’t sure what was going on.

Before that I did 20 minutes on an elliptical – then 20 minutes of Zumba. It was fun, the instructor was funny, but I’m not sure if I got more out of it than the same amount of time running – however it makes sense to mix it up, so I’ll stick with the class for a while.

Abby
Old 06-28-2011, 02:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Happy anniversery SW!

Originally Posted by sw07
Ran after work today, didn't really have distance set, just ran.
Ended up doing 5 miles in 50:27min, felt good, nice steady pace- the weather was 88* with breeze.

I'm thinking about doing a 4th of July 5k- this particular race will mark my 1yr anniversary since I started running in organized timed events and will be my 20th race.
Run well! But watch that injury... don't want a repeat

I haven't had much time to run in the last week or so, between that nasty blister and work obligations, but I expect to get several runs in next week when I head up to the Mt. house in the eastern Sierras. Nothing like running at elevation to improve the endurance .
Old 06-28-2011, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Run well! But watch that injury... don't want a repeat

I haven't had much time to run in the last week or so, between that nasty blister and work obligations, but I expect to get several runs in next week when I head up to the Mt. house in the eastern Sierras. Nothing like running at elevation to improve the endurance .
Oh ya, definitely on injury watch, I would have passed on this race but it's kinda special.....I've also had some chest congestion for the last 3weeks and that's got me a lil worried, but running seems to help "clear" the lungs out.

Oh nice! Running at elevation sounds a little brutal, but definitely an endurance builder.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Oh ya, definitely on injury watch, I would have passed on this race but it's kinda special.....I've also had some chest congestion for the last 3weeks and that's got me a lil worried, but running seems to help "clear" the lungs out.

Oh nice! Running at elevation sounds a little brutal, but definitely an endurance builder.
It's the scenery that helps. Sometimes I forget how far or how fast (or slow) I'm going 'cuz I just get caught up in the view.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Abby I'm sure I could round up a grandkid or two for you to chase now that summer is here. There are 10 of them ages 13 to 1 to chose from. Made it to the Y for my training session on weights then 21 minutes elliptical. Training session went better than I expected. Did my usual Sauna and stretching yoga this morning. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.