Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-30-2011, 08:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey welcome Aug77!
We look forward to watching your progress. We all started out slow, so just keep at it and you'll be pushing an hour of cardio in no time!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Well did first day of P90X yesterday. Not bad. Some stuff I couldn't do, have to reconsider where I do it, even in the 'warmup' I couldn't do the marching properly because it was making the fish tank wobble.
Might have to set the laptop up outside and do it in the back yard - hopefully the dog will get the point and not jump / sit on me during. :S
Going to do day 2 today, and maybe take the dog for a walk to cool down before a shower then off to Star Wars night!
Old 05-30-2011, 02:09 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Didn't do much formal exercize this weekend, but did a ton of house and gardening chores. Including finally getting the veg. garden in. It is a very small one this year, but required that the whole space be double-dug by hand (too small for a rototiller).

A small part of me feels a little guilty for not doing the long run scheduled, but a large part of me is very pleased to get a very long todo list accomplished. Now that these chores are done for the season, I will feel much less tied to the house and much better about taking whole days away on hiking or mt. biking trips.

I hope everyone else enjoyed the the official first weekend of summer!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default I do

I do exercise every day. 30-60 minutes every morning on the treadmill.
I also chase my grandson around the house all day!
I'm doing Atkins:
May 2= 204
May 30=184

It works for me!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Great to see a bunch of new posters on this site, Aug, FeliciaMay, and WOW! I think that's all the new ones I saw.

it is amazing how we move from hating it, to wondering how we can do 20 minutes, to wishing we had more time for a great exercise session, at least that's been my experience.

I did a lot of outdoor work this weekend, spread out a cubic yard of mulch (lots of wheelbarrows loaded, rolled, dumped, spread, repeat), and, dug my veggie bed, put in tomatoes and peas and found last year's arugula YAY! 72 impatiens planted got me some good blisters, but no cardio. There was, however, lots of sweat, it's been hot and humid.

Today I got in 20 minutes of cardio on an elliptical, followed by 20 crunches on the decline bench (added a little more tilt to it!), and a few more ab moves. I seem to be making a slow re-entry after a week break, but I"m re-entering!

Abby
Old 05-31-2011, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like everybody had a good & productive weekend. My achilles injury is pretty much gone now, but something else "popped" up.
I was doing some standing lunges Sat. morning with 15lb dumbells and I heard a loud pop on my right hip as I came up- dammit! Right Hip flexor is freakin out!
Well, so much for my road to recovery.......

I also came down with a nasty cough with chest congestion after I spent all day doing yardwork and weed eating- my allergies have been going nuts lately....
Old 05-31-2011, 09:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Sounds like everybody had a good & productive weekend. My achilles injury is pretty much gone now, but something else "popped" up.
I was doing some standing lunges Sat. morning with 15lb dumbells and I heard a loud pop on my right hip as I came up- dammit! Right Hip flexor is freakin out!
Well, so much for my road to recovery.......

I also came down with a nasty cough with chest congestion after I spent all day doing yardwork and weed eating- my allergies have been going nuts lately....
Bummer SW
I guess your body just wants you to lighten up for a while. I am so sorry, you are on such a roll.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Bummer SW
I guess your body just wants you to lighten up for a while. I am so sorry, you are on such a roll.
Yep, when it rains, it pours.....I was a little scared to get outta bed today and go to work....so far so good.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hey welcome Aug77!
We look forward to watching your progress. We all started out slow, so just keep at it and you'll be pushing an hour of cardio in no time!

Thank you for the welcome, Pam. Yeah, I need someone to watch me because I don't want to fall off the exercising wagon.

Today I did 20 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of yoga. I'd forgotten how good stretching makes you feel.

~ aug77 ~

------------------------------
June 1, 2011 - 230
Goal Weight - 135
Old 05-31-2011, 05:13 PM
FitDay Member

Totally new to FitDay (a bit fun) and I will probs post this in the wrong area but-is there any way you can customise an exercise??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.