Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-18-2011, 02:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

The forecast here is showers today, showers tomorrow, cloudy Friday, showers Saturday and mostly cloudy Sunday--sigh! I hope this trend does not continue all summer.

Anyway, rain or not I'll be out for my jog at Noon time.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-18-2011, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Well, looks like I gave myself a case of Achilles tendonitis after last Saturday's 10k.
That blows......no more running for quite awhile and I still haven't renewed my gym membership and I'm starting to feel flabby
I've been working with the dumbells I have at home, but it doesn't feel like it's enough.
Meh, could be worse I guess

Maybe I'll do the 100 push-up routine again.....

Last edited by sw07; 05-18-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Well, looks like I gave myself a case of Achilles tendonitis after last Saturday's 10k.
That blows......no more running for quite awhile and I still haven't renewed my gym membership and I'm starting to feel flabby
I've been working with the dumbells I have at home, but it doesn't feel like it's enough.
Meh, could be worse I guess

Maybe I'll do the 100 push-up routine again.....
Well, it always could be worse, but sounds pretty bad, you were my running role model!

Is most leg work out or just running? Can you do some silly DVD's? Swim? I'm sure you're not going to lose all the good work you've done, too inspired!

Abby
Old 05-18-2011, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Did another old dusty workout DVD that I found in the back of the stereo cabinet, the first 15 minutes was a good step aerobics workout, the rest of it just showed you how to use expensive equipment I don't own, so it was basically a dud. So I decided to fix my elliptical and put in 30 minutes on that and then walked the kids to school, which brought me up to 70 minutes for the day.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Well, it always could be worse, but sounds pretty bad, you were my running role model!

Is most leg work out or just running? Can you do some silly DVD's? Swim? I'm sure you're not going to lose all the good work you've done, too inspired!

Abby
LOL, thanks
So far it's just running / walking motions that are painful. I can still do squats & dead lifts and standing lunges.
Once this rain goes away (hopefully this weekend) I'm going to try to go for a bike ride to see how it feels.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
LOL, thanks
So far it's just running / walking motions that are painful. I can still do squats & dead lifts and standing lunges.
Once this rain goes away (hopefully this weekend) I'm going to try to go for a bike ride to see how it feels.
Bummer! I am so sorry.

Have you checked out the Crossfit website. They post a workout of the day (WOD) every day. Most of them require some weights - but not all. Push-ups, pull-ups, abmat sit ups (abmats are about $30 on Amazon). Sometimes running is part but can probably substitute your bike. The one piece of machinery they use is a rowing machine, which one either has access to or not. But again, you can probably substitute a bike.

Hope you heal fast - but don't push it. It really does need to rest.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Managed to exercise today. 15 minutes biking and 35 minutes on the Wii. A little light but a start to get back into activity. Good news was I was down 5.5 pounds since the last time I usd the Wii. I had been using other methods of exercise. Mary
Old 05-18-2011, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Yep, the rain has killed my routines this week. Crap. Didn't get to ride the bike or mow the yard. I am getting a key to our church fellowship hall (we have a basketball goal and the floor is pretty large also). Great for shooting hoops of just walking. This will be a way to exercise when the rain hits.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Somewhat, 20 minutes on a treadmill, I played around with incline, so wasn't as fast as I have been, but it felt like a good challenge. Then, no instructor for our Thursday class - Apparently they lost a few lifeguards because they graduated, and he got stuck on pool duty. We did a class with the "kids" writing the curriculum, but I didn't find it as challenging as we have done before. One person suggested for our cardio portion we dribble a basketball around the perimeter of the court- my coordination is sufficiently bad I couldn't go very fast, I'd rather just have run laps!

But I did it!

Getting warmer, but still gloomy here in Boston.

Abby
Old 05-19-2011, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Working out

I've been working out with a trainer -- so nice to have someone there encouraging me & making the workout interesting. Today was my last session. Wish I could afford him all the time! I lost 2" off my hips and feel fabulous!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.