Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-09-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Feel great today - normally I can't face Monday mornings, but last night I made a deal with myself, it had been a decadent weekend, and I want to keep the loss momentum up, so I told myself "just get up and run, you don't have to push yourself hard, just keep moving" - and I did, 28 minutes, 2.9 miles. I have a nice loop from my front door that is 2.9 miles, I need to add another block somehow to bring it to 5K, but none the less, it's a great experience.

Then, I walked half a mile to the more distant place to catch the bus,

So, I'm raring to go, and I'll make this a great week!

Abby
Old 05-09-2011, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Ran 7miles on Sat & 4miles on Sunday, and signed up for my first 10k race for next Saturday. Gonna try for a 5 mile run after work today.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:13 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I was out of town all last week on a business trip. Over all I was fine on the eating plan, and I hadn't really planned on much exercise, but I did get in two very nice 1hr walks along the beach.

Sunday I continued the trail running in my favorite wilderness park and got a nice 10 miler at a pretty moderate pace. But I did pick some of the hillier trails and was really happy feeling so nice and strong charging up those hills .

SW, I think that you will really like the longer races - somehow it just feels like you get more for your entrance fee . Good luck

Last edited by RunbikeSki; 05-09-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: the usual... spelling
Old 05-09-2011, 05:08 PM
FitDay Member

Today I hitched up my golden retriever to the stroller that held the grandbaby and did a 3 mile walk/run on the trail. Then later at home I did some upper body strength training, 75 squats, and 40 ab crunches... all of which involved balancing a 23 lb one year old for added resistance. My grandson currently is a key part of my fitness regime!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:08 PM
FitDay Member

How exactly does the grandson get involved? I remember exercising as a teenager, the dog would always try to sit on me whenever I was doing floor work! She wasn't much of a weight at 5lb, it was more the balancing act involved. With my parents' current dog, you have to shut her out of the room if you are trying to do anything on the floor (I was attempting to demo the Miracle Ball Method for them), because she thinks, "Fantastic, she's at my height at last, it's time for a game!" and tries to leap and pounce and scrimble all over the place.

I've exercised today, but I'm working on a rather different scale to everyone else due to having severe ME/CFIDS. I have cautiously started doing 2 min on the exercise bike and up to 7 min of skin brushing before I shower - and I'm knackered afterwards! I think I'll cut down the skin brushing to 5 min, and as for the exercise bike, I'll keep it at 2 min for the time being but I will reduce it if I need to, and add increments of 30 seconds every week or so only if I feel I am really up to it. Every other time I've taken up an exercise plan I've overdone it and ended up with a relapse, usually after about three weeks, so I am going to try to be really cautious this time, because I want it to work. Not that I didn't want it to work the other times, I just got carried away with enthusiasm.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:51 PM
FitDay Member

I got in a 25-30 minute bike ride this morning. Really enjoyed it. I forgot my watch, so I was trying to calculate the exact time I had been gone. Can't be late for work you know. Might take a walk this evening. No wait, have to mow the yard.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

Collegebffan, you must have the best mowed lawn of anyone

I did exercise, but somehow, didn't give it my all today, feel a little discouraged, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, 25 decline bench crunches (moved the tilt up and held a 6 lb medicine ball, which helps with form. Did 20 reverse crunches, 20 leg lifts each leg and 40 pec flies on a ball. Reading the list tires me, but doing it didn't feel all that challenging, guess I need to add some new torture.

Wake up!

Abby
Old 05-10-2011, 09:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Did my two mile jog as ususal. I'm trying to up my speed a bit before I add more distance. I took a good minute off today. I invested three bucks in a headband as I sweat a LOT and have lost time slowing down to wipe off so that may be helping (although it makes me feel like a balding Richard Simmons). If I can get my time to an even 25 minutes I'll add another 10th or 2 to the distance.

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 05-10-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Go, Michael! I admit that I did not exercise today. I miss my treadmill!!!! Sort of a stressful day because I dropped my MasterCard on the street and had to cancel it and request a new one. Fortunately, nobody had used it, but they hadn't called me to say they'd found my credit card, either! So I expect that someone will at least TRY to use it. Fortunately, it's already blocked.

Picked up my bike after servicing at the bike shop. Didn't have my helmet with me, or I would have taken it on the bike trail this afternoon. (I'm a klutz and really need that helmet!) Tomorrow, there won't be any excuses.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't mow the yard. My son missed me so bad when I got home, I had to do something with him. He kept saying stroller, so I knew he wanted to take a walk. I measured it with the car after we were through. Walked about 1.6 miles. Also had a bike ride this morning. I plan on my bike ride being longer tomorrow. I will take my watch.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.