Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-04-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Ratsmouth, gotta get me some suspenders to snap!

Did 37 minutes on the Wave elliptical today - 400 calories, or so the machine would have you believe. I guess I should be typing a lower starting weight figure since I've lost weight, but the calories burned are fairly fake anyhow, and I like to measure one day vs another that way.

Have fun today everyone!

Abby
Old 05-04-2011, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hour and a half on the excersize bike (think you guys call it stationary bike??) last night, yay me. Couldn't get the motivation to get up and do 45 minutes this morning, but I know I'll do an hour and a half again this afternoon, so okay for now.
I've also got the machine-given calorie burn, it said 660, but I haven't found a way to enter my weight, so grain of salt there.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

I am really unmotivative today. But I decided to just go for a walk instead of run. I ended to run walk for 1 hour. Don't know how much that burn but I feel great and it's better than nothing.
Mai
Old 05-05-2011, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

Mai, you are so right, something is better than nothing, I try to employ that logic in many aspects of my life (including housekeeping, I won't get the house clean, but I can get it cleaner!).

Today I was motivated, I hit the treadmill hard, but only for 19 minutes 45 seconds, why such a time? I saw my class convening below me on the basketball court (we don't play basketball, but it's where we have classes). I got 2.14 miles done in that 19 minutes 45 seconds, and then did a bunch of uppper body weight work (moved from 5's to 8's and it went fine), lunges, leg flutters, suicide sprints, and great community time.

As I was punching out someone I've never talked to came and said "I have to tell you, the change in your body is amazing, you look great" - I'm floating high on the compliment, and am resolved to give several heart felt compliments today - I forget to do that!

So I'll start with all of you - it amazes me that a random group of people can be so kind and supportive to each other.

Abby
Old 05-05-2011, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

As a matter of fact I did exercise today. My father in law dropped off his bike the other day. I have never ridden a bike with gears and so forth. I rode for about 35 minutes this morning. I thought that I would feel it later. I felt it when I placed the bike in the garage. I had no idea I was so out of shape. I really enjoyed it though. Every morning ritual I guess.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

I think I killed my treadmill from overwork. It runs okay, but won't run with me walking on it. Dunno what I did to it. LOL! Anyway, I did my 3 miles outside on the local hiking trail and got some fresh air instead. Not sure what to do about the treadmill.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:33 PM
FitDay Member

Just got home from the gym. 22 minutes on the treadmill, then 2 sets of the leg machines and the crunch machine ( I can't remember the real name), then 35 minutes on the stepper and then back to 2 more sets on the weights. While I was on the treadmill I did my best mile so far...16.35. I feel good! Well, really I am sore, LOL.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Yep. We all (family of 4 here) went to the local park. It has about 12 miles of trails. We took a 45 minute brisk walk. Maybe covered 2.5 miles. Three miles at the most.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday, I took the dog for a walk and watched some college kids rock climbing. If I were 20, I'd be doing the same thing. I think it's great that women are showing so much interest in active sports that used to be the purview of males only. And they're GOOD at it. Watched one girl go straight up a rock face with little more than tiny finger and toe holds in cracks, while her male partner had her on belay. Anyway, yeah, I walked. Today I'm going to clean out the car, plant some strawberries, start the laundry and then do three miles on the trail.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Mai, you are so right, something is better than nothing, I try to employ that logic in many aspects of my life (including housekeeping, I won't get the house clean, but I can get it cleaner!).

Today I was motivated, I hit the treadmill hard, but only for 19 minutes 45 seconds, why such a time? I saw my class convening below me on the basketball court (we don't play basketball, but it's where we have classes). I got 2.14 miles done in that 19 minutes 45 seconds, and then did a bunch of uppper body weight work (moved from 5's to 8's and it went fine), lunges, leg flutters, suicide sprints, and great community time.

As I was punching out someone I've never talked to came and said "I have to tell you, the change in your body is amazing, you look great" - I'm floating high on the compliment, and am resolved to give several heart felt compliments today - I forget to do that!

So I'll start with all of you - it amazes me that a random group of people can be so kind and supportive to each other.

Abby
I know, I never work out until 6 years ago. So work out is fairly new to me. I have to force myself out every time.
I did 45 minutes yesterday after stuff myself with Indian buffet. I felt very sick but I have to work it out. I end up have very little dinner and felt better after ward.
Mai

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.