Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 04-17-2011, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

i got to workout in my favorite fashion today...scuba diving. I was actually lucky enough to dive friday and today. I have no idea what the calorie burn is, but my muscles are sore from moving heavy gear and the pull down the line to the wrecks.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

Oh yeah, I was thinking about the Marathon (there is only one, no need to say "Boston"), the winner ran 26 miles averaging a little over 4 minutes a mile, I'd be amazed if I ever make a 7 minute mile, but that's OK, I'm still working at it!

Today I got in one mile in 8 mins 30 seconds (the first half was at an 8 minute mile pace, then I slowed it down), Kept going for 25 minutes on the treadmill, 2.75 miles overall, and then 20 crunches on the decline bench, 20 leg lifts each leg, and 20 reverse crunches. A good stretch, and I'm off!

Today was workout number 200 for me at the Y - nice round number! And, within the next two weeks, if all goes well, I'll reach "Red T Shirt Level" - you get points for activities (if you bother to log them, I bother to log what is easy, but not my free weights, crunches or classes), 50,000 points gets you a red T shirt, I didn't bother collect white or yellow, but I think I'll go after this one!

Have a great day everyone!

Abby
Old 04-19-2011, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

This morning I popped in an old step aerobics tape that I have - very 80's, sort of funny, sort of easy for me, and then I went to make a pot of coffee. When me and my coffee cup came back to the living room, the 80's step aerobics tape was not playing, Bob Harper was pacing back and forth telling me that I did not know what I was getting in to. I did the 24 minute workout with Bob yesterday and I must have left the DVD in the player. So I figured that was a sign from God (or maybe the devil), and I did the 62 minute Inside Out Cardio Rev Up with Bob rather than the cheeky 80's tape that I was planning. My hammies are killing me.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-19-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, sneaky of Bob to jump into your player when you were getting coffee, you never know what will push you to go a little harder!

Abby
Old 04-19-2011, 05:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
i got to workout in my favorite fashion today...scuba diving. I was actually lucky enough to dive friday and today. I have no idea what the calorie burn is, but my muscles are sore from moving heavy gear and the pull down the line to the wrecks.
What fun Kimbur! The best exercise is the exercise you like the best - as far as I'm concerned.

Today was Crossfit - 3 sets of running and wall shots with a medicine ball followed by 100 hollow rocks (sort of a crunch kind of thing). Running is easy but combined with the wall shots (toss a 10# ball 10 feet up against a wall, catch it and do a full squat. Toss it again as you are coming back up. Repeat 60 times.... in my case 3 sets of 20 with a 30 sec. break) made for some wobbly legs.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

I'm having a "zero day" to take care of my split heel (again), but tomorrow promises to be a busy day. I'm down two more lb. this week. Nice to see the weight goal graph angling down consistently!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

New to this site but not new to getting fit.

I played 2 hours of hockey today and 2 hours yesterday. Off work for a week or so and it allows me to get great workouts in now.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Started doing my elliptical today. 10 min ~ burned 100 ~ almost died.
To think a couple years ago I was up to 38 min ~ 500 cal burned.

I'm so outta shape.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hey, Zoe! Everybody has to start somewhere, and it really doesn't take long to get back in shape. I'm an old bat, 63 years on this earth, and three months ago, I couldn't walk up the slope of my driveway without stopping to catch my breath. Today, I'm doing an easy 2.5 miles with a 3% grade and feeling like I can do more. Just keep at it!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Yeah! I did 1hr20 minutes DVD today. 1 in, 4 to go.
Mai

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.