Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 11-07-2011, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

One hour bike ride today then curling for 2 hours tonight. Mary
Old 11-08-2011, 06:40 PM
FitDay Member

5.25 mile hilly run today.... tomorrow 5.25 flat run and strength training....
Old 11-09-2011, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

PixieDust You are doing great! Today's exercise will involve about 6 hours of driving. I suppose I can do stomach flexes while behind the wheel. Hope to get home in time to do something. Sauna and Yoga done for the day. Mary
Old 11-09-2011, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Pixiedust, sounds like some great runs, and

Pam - I find myself visualizing where you are, you don't write a lot of scenic descriptions, but some how, just the place names transport me.

Mary, your bike ride and walk also bring me to a beautiful place, far nicer than your car ride description!

So, I've been missing (again), I had a lovely weekend with old friends, and not much movement, Monday found me doing yard work (we took the day off as we were traveling for the weekend), Tuesday I should have gotten up to spin, but the motiviation wasn't sufficient, just couldn't get out of bed despite saying to myself "you'll feel better moving than not moving". Which brings us to today - I had a dentist appt so couldn't make the Y before work, instead, I went for a run - 5 AM found me slipping out my front door, and deciding "what the H, I'll go the hilly way" it was very challenging at the beginning, but then, I was at a top, and could go down, and then up again, and so forth. I could have gone for longer than I did, but I lack a watch, so I was worried about being late for the dentist -

it was only 2.94 miles, but 115 elevation (thanks Map My Run) - it was 35 minutes, and, I didn't feel like I had pushed my boundaries. Is that good or bad? It's good that those boundaries are now much broader, but bad if I'm slacking on pushing them.

Hope you are all in as beautiful a place as New England right now, we have perfect Indian Summer (that's an OK phrase, isn't it?), and the leaves are amazing!

Abby
Old 11-09-2011, 05:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi All,
Nice run Pixie. You and I seem to be on the same program.

Mary, curling sounds like so much fun - good job on the bike ride. Do you get a lot of snow where you are? I know it is cold there. Being such a weather weenie myself, I admire you for getting out there.

Abby, I'll try to get some pix uploaded in the next week or two. The trails that I run are really lovely and I feel fortunate to have easy access to them, including the ones at my Sierra house. BTW I was in your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago. I had a meeting in Providence and then spent the weekend with DH's parents in Lexington and sister in Whaltham. Thurs was rainy, cold and nasty (just as I remember Oct on the east coast) but Fri and Sat were lovely crisp autumn days. I do miss the fall. In southern Calif we do not have fall at all and only a mini-spring. The eastern Sierras have a fall, but we don't have the maples, oaks, etc to provide the glorious fall foliage. We have aspens which are pretty spectacular, but only yellow.

I am feeling a little under the weather this week. Nothing too bad, just low energy and a bit of a sore throat. I had planned on taking it easy anyway so I should be just fine by Sunday's race. I did go to X-fit yesterday and I have to say (quietly so the coaches don't here) that it was really easy, 100 m sprint - X8. Pretty much perfect for both my energy level and training program.

Mary, I hope you don't get too worn out by your drive. I know when I do much more that 4 hours behind the wheel, I am whipped.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 11-10-2011, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Pam - sorry you're not feeling well, but I think being calm and not overdoing before your race maybe the message you need to hear! Yes, fall is the reason New England winter is worth it!

Today I ran for 9 minutes - and did get a little over a mile in, then lifted, I was pushing the edge with some of my lifts, that "I know I have one more rep in me". The trainer who sees me as his personal project (I expect he makes everyone feel like that, it's good technique), suggested we get together next week, and I have a great urge to impress him. I'm such a little kid grubbing for my next grade, but if it gets me working out, its a good thing.

Wish me luck, I'm giving a major presentation today.

Abby
Old 11-10-2011, 04:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Pam - sorry you're not feeling well, but I think being calm and not overdoing before your race maybe the message you need to hear! Yes, fall is the reason New England winter is worth it!

Today I ran for 9 minutes - and did get a little over a mile in, then lifted, I was pushing the edge with some of my lifts, that "I know I have one more rep in me". The trainer who sees me as his personal project (I expect he makes everyone feel like that, it's good technique), suggested we get together next week, and I have a great urge to impress him. I'm such a little kid grubbing for my next grade, but if it gets me working out, its a good thing.

Wish me luck, I'm giving a major presentation today.

Abby
Best of luck on the presentation.

WOW 8:50ish minute per mile is great!
I know what you mean about feeling like a kid looking for that extra "atta-girl". I do the same thing. It's why I really like working out with a coach present. They really do give you that little extra incentive.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

I most certainly did and I feel SO proud of myself, mainly because it's been a few weeks since I got off my duff and did something. I feel guilty for putting it off so long but after going to the doctor and not liking the weight that i'm at, I found it was time to get serious.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

We get a lot of snow -- hopefully not for a while. It can start anytime and last till Aprl. In winter I cross country ski to make it go faster. Drive was rough-- four hours with client was rougher! Only managed my sauna and yoga today. Mary
Old 11-11-2011, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ButterflyBabe, feels great to take control and get moving doesn't it?

Mary, I can't imagine how you do what you do, more power to you!

Today I had spinning class - it was great to push it at the edges - then, I had half an hour extra, so I jumped on an elliptical.

My little boast for today (if you can't boast on the internet, where can you?)- I was #1 for "fit points earned" in my age group for October!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.