Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 10-02-2011, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Exercise this weekend was cleaning house. About 10 hours of heavy labour and 5 garbage bags of stuff cleaned out, a bed full of stuff for good will and 2 clean rooms - closets and all.

Have to get back to the Y this week. I was at a fund raiser Run today however I was there as a volunteer, not a runner. Maybe next year I'll do the 5 K although it would be fast walking for me.

My bike is back to working for me. It took a while to find the gears I like and I had to adjust the derailer but now it's good. The wind was too wild the past couple days to try riding. Mary
Old 10-03-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

New to this website! I set up an account a few years ago, but never really used the site. I've lost about 25 pounds since I last logged on. Trying to lose that last 10#. I think I need to be more accountable as to what I put in my mouth everyday!

Saturday workout- Ran 2.5 miles (barely able to fit that in because I had a very busy day)
Sunday - My rest day
Monday - Cardio Day in Boot Camp - many laps on the track with core exercises.

Today's Weight - 151
Goal - 141 Hope to meet goal by December 3rd
Old 10-03-2011, 02:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey fargoku,
Welcome! Whew boot camp... have fun
Old 10-03-2011, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Fargoku!

Mary, getting that cleaning done must feel great - I did two closets recently, and I'm actively happier when I'm getting clothes out.

Pam - I'd be terrified of that jump, but then, I'm clutzy.

I got in a good weight workout at the Y today, I normally skip Mondays, but I'm trying to reform, and I'll probably miss Friday and definately Thursday (travel day Thursday, and back late).

Have a great day all!

Abby
Old 10-03-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Abby you are right - just standing looking at my closet makes me happy. It's also easier to look put together in the morning.

Pam I'd be bad at that jump. Anything that requires timing loses me. I'm the one out of synch with the rest of the group.

Wecome Fargoku
I'm the any activity counts member of this group. I love logging fun activities for calories burned - double the rewards. Mary
Old 10-03-2011, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi - I'm new to this thread. Finally started back to fit day and exercising a few weeks ago. It feels good to be progressing again. I've been walking and doing some classes at the Y. But, I find that I need some accountability to exercise daily. I'm hoping this group helps.

Today I focused on "bursts" on the elliptical then headed over to the free weights. After about 15 mins I saw the medicine ball and remembered an exercise where you start on one side of your body, raise it above your head and then slam it down on the other side. The ball doesn't bounce so you have to pick it up on that side and repeat - slamming it to the other side. It's a good core exercise. I got quite a surprise when I slammed it down as hard as I could and then before I knew what was happening - it slammed me right back in my nose & mouth. I saw stars and then realized my mistake; wrong type of medicine ball... That was my dork move of the day! I took my water bottle and went home.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Ouch Jane. Hope that does not stop you from going back.

I did my elliptical then lower body workout then 22 minutes on the treadmill. Topped it off with 1 hour and 20 minutes of stipping a wallpaper border. Luckily it came off easily. Lots of ladder climbing.

I find this thread helps motivate me. I likely would not have made the Y today if I hadn't posted that I planned to go. I really did not feel like it. Mary
Old 10-03-2011, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Jane 850 – this thread absolutely keeps me moving – knowing that someone will read about my workout (and I’ve learned, it’s boring to my close friends). Don’t go bonking yourself, or anyone else in the head with medicine balls!

Mary, sounds impressive keep on moving !

I made my 6 AM Spin class, which was challenging. A little concern as I got dizzy when I stepped off my bike but it went away in a few seconds. Since it was a 45 Minute class, I had 15 minutes of extra time before I had to be in the shower, so I hit an elliptical (actually, The Wave, which hits your thighs - moving side to side instead of front to back, try it if your Y has one!)– not too strenuous but kept me moving.

And, now, there are risks to manage!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Sometimes a little dizzy that goes away is a sign of a good, hard workout. A lot of dizzy that sticks around... . Good job Abby, way to stick to your guns!

CrossFit this morning. After the workout, tested my 1 rep max on back squats - 125lbs . Almost my body weight, so either I have to lose 10 lbs (not a bad idea, but not essential), or gain 10 lbs of strength (also not a bad idea). Maybe I just try to meet in the middle at 130 lbs
Old 10-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

I have some yuck in my chest and head but after a few days of no exercise my legs started to bother me so I tried to run yesterday but ended up feeling worse from the coughing it set off so I gave up but got at least got an hour of mostly walking in. My legs were happy so I tried again today but dosed myself up on Robitussin DM Max first! (ugg that is some nasty stuff!)

Oh well, got another hour of walking in which is better than nothing. And saw some really cool fruit trees too! I have no idea what they are and I can't believe I never noticed them before!

Anyways, I realized that my body craves exercise even when I feel like crap so it's worth the whole lotta extra effort it took to get moving, because I would rather not deal with muscle ache on top of being sick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.