Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-13-2011, 11:08 PM
FitDay Member

Yep, did my usual 75 on the elliptical. Bob was too scary to contemplate this morning.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, I'm scared of Bob from a distance!

Mary, healthy groceries do a lot for you....

I got to gym today, and both the scale in the locker room and the one in the weight room were broken, mine at home is too, they are putting me back over 160 - and I was so proud of being in the 150's.

Then, Trainer Ryan (the kid) asked if I was still doing the weight routine he and I set up, I said I was, so he said "I'll come watch after you warm up". I love this kid, he's so good at correcting form, making you want to do one more rep - he's in school for this and it's great to see someone who clearly has chosen a career he's going to be good at!

Well, aching muscles and spreadsheets call...
Old 09-14-2011, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Back to using my Sauna and Yoga in the mornings. 9 holes of golf this evening. Feels good to be getting physically active again. Mary
Old 09-15-2011, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Daniel, welcome – sounds like you’ve got a good routine ‘running’ – keep coming here for encouragement – it really helps me!

Mary, sauna and yoga sounds like a great way to start the day.

For me, it was a treadmill kill – I hit the 5K point in under 28 minutes, and then keep going until 45 minutes had passed, that included a blissful cooldown, so overall it was 4.7 miles in 45 minutes … and this from someone who couldn’t imagine running a mile…Oh what a snob I’m becoming.

Abby
Old 09-15-2011, 02:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
… and this from someone who couldn’t imagine running a mile…Oh what a snob I’m becoming.

Abby
But a snob with the best of intentions!

Abby, your posts are usually time stamped 4:25 AM out here on the left coast, so you are already done by the time I log in. There have been many a morning when I say to myself: "Well Abby's got here workout in... not excuses for you Pam!"

...Thanks

Wed was great - AM run and PM yoga
And it is off to X-fit this morning.
DH is heading out of town for a week, so the weekend is pretty wide open. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow...
Old 09-15-2011, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to this forum I got my butt off the couch and went for a walk. Too cold and getting dark so I didn't want to bike. Did 2 km which is a good walk for me. I timed myself and have set a goal of knocking ten minutes off that round the block walk by Nov 1st. I'm now officially in training to improve my time. I find a concrete goal like that helps motivate me. I've been looking for a new one since sailing lessons ended.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Mary and Pam, isn't it amazing what someone you've never met caring about how you are doing does to motivate? I was leaving the Y today thinking "I have to tell them I didn't do a great job, but I'd respond 'if you worked as hard as you could, you did a great job".

I wasn't as strong as last week in terms of reps or weights, but, I think this is because I met with the trainer on Wednesday and corrected my form on a lot of things, some of my prior "improvement" was cheating on form. So, ever onward.

Funny story... I often see people in hospital scrubs hiding out of sight lines to smoke cigarettes (my walk from Y to work is around the back side of the hospitial) - I always laugh. Yesterday I saw someone similarly hiding, but more secretively, she laid a yoga mat down next to a low wall in the park - I thought she was about to do yoga, but after glancing around, she pullled out of her bag a red box of McDonald's French Fries.

Stay strong!

Abby
Old 09-17-2011, 03:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Mary and Pam, isn't it amazing what someone you've never met caring about how you are doing does to motivate? I was leaving the Y today thinking "I have to tell them I didn't do a great job, but I'd respond 'if you worked as hard as you could, you did a great job".

Abby
yup, totally agree!

Mary, glad to see you are back on track. Sometimes taking a little break from the routine is just what I need, but it can be hard to get it back in gear.

I decided to do the full CrossFit work out this morning beginning with an hour of olympic lifting, followed by a killer workout. It is called "Fight gone bad" (most of the workouts have names) BTW these weights are for the guys, gal's weights are about 75%.

Met-Con “Fight Gone Bad”

Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20″ box (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories)

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of “rotate”, the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

Obviously these are hard to do, but doing with friends under the encouragment of a great coach makes it possible
Old 09-17-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

I'm usually a "lurker" in this thread - pop in from time to time - but I have to tell someone - I had one of those rare PERFECT runs this morning. Temp. was 48* and I had several miles in before there was a spectacular sunrise. I have no injuries and felt strong, my GI system was fine, and even my dog kept up for 10 MILES - the most I've run since before my 6 1/2 yo son was born.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default WOW nottango

What a great way to start the weekend.
Those perfect runs don't come often, but when the do they sure make all that effort worth it.
Well Done!
And pop back in more often

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.