Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 08-25-2011, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Almeeker,

the best exercise is the one you do, not the one you think you should be doing, so don't worry about mixing it up, if that elliptical can keep you moving for 71 minutes, give it a gold star.

Abby
Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
ditto
Thanks guys. I went through a stretch this past summer where I did not workout for about 3 weeks straight. After that I had a couple of false starts trying to get it going again. Anyway I said to myself "what got this going in the first place" and it was that mindless elliptical workout first thing in the morning, full out with lots of loud fast music pumping through my headphones straight into my brain. Here's the sad part, I also play games on my phone, watch the morning news and sometimes read the paper or a book to keep my mind off the workout. At first all that was making it a slower pace workout, but when I turned the music up and made sure it's fast, problem solved.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Pam talks about an easy 4 mile run, that's not what I had today. I did 4.1 miles in 40 minutes on the treadmill, while watching a basketball game on the court below, I fought hard for all those miles, but I'm glad I did, although, now nap seems more appealing than work!

Abby
Old 08-26-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

4 miles in 40 minutes is great. And fighting to finish when you really don't want to takes guts. Well done Abby .

BTW "easy" is a relative term... it is all work.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

I walked for cross training today. 4miles/hours, I think that is quite fast for short legs like me. then 40 minutes tennis before the rain hit.
Mai
Old 08-30-2011, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

I got 43 minutes on the treadmill today, but it was interrupted, I did 18, then went to Zumba, learned it was cancelled (the instructor was stuck in California, thanks Irene), went back to the mill for 25 minutes. I worked pretty hard, its normally my heart that holds me back, but today I had some discomfort in my rib cage and then in my right leg, I just made myself aware of them, and they went away, so no biggie.

No, may I make the rest of today as focussed!

Abby
Old 08-31-2011, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Oh yes, weights "The Ryan Workout" (I have two spreadsheets - "The Johnny workout" and "The Ryan Workout" - named after the trainers who set them up with me. Both are pretty challenging). I'm getting so I can do pushups (from my knees)!

Have a great day
Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Oh yes, another 40 minute 4 miler - that was 28 mins 35 seconds to hit 3.12 miles (5K), and then letting myself slow down and bring my heart rate down for the rest.

feel like dancing now!

Abby
Old 09-01-2011, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I did. 75 min on the elliptical.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default It's been a great week - overall

Got both training runs in and yoga last night. Couldn't get to X-Fit on Tues because of a manditory 8-freakin' hour safety training session. (8 hours of my life that I will NEVER get back).

I'll head off to X-Fit in a few minutes then DH and I are heading to the Mt house for a weekend of hiking and mountain biking with friends. Then on Monday we head into the Sierra backcountry for our annual backpacking trip.

We usually stay 2 nights, but are thinking of staying a 3rd this year so we have time to get back to a couple lakes.

Power on everyone!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Amy - those elliptical hours sound like you're able to use the time as "you time", a great gift. And Pam, sounds like a great Labor Day - and a great week of fitness.

For me, it was a glorious warm up on the dreadmill, followed by "the Ryan Workout", seems like my rep count for some moves is going up before exhaustion.

Have a great weekend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.