Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 07-28-2011, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

I do get people offering to drive the cart but I usially walk. My view of golf is you should get as much exercise as possible, see lots of the course, take lots of strokes and play in the sand a bit. I'm not much good.

No exercise today other than trying to keep sane while the rest of the world is imploding. I seem to be getting too many clients with severe problems. Time to get into exercise as stress relief. Nightly bike rides may help. Mary
Old 07-29-2011, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, sorry to hear the clients problems are getting worse - I hope you find some stress relief in being able to offer what help can be offered, and nothing like a heart pounding cardio session to change stress!

Today I worked with a trainer - this is one of the young uns - he's in college training in excercise physiology - and I felt very much like a project - I'm sure I'll show up in a paper (49 YO woman, working for weight loss, muscle tone and lifetime fitness...). We worked on a new routine with some challenging lifts, and real focus on form - I find it difficult to go slow enough while lifting weights.

Planning some hiking tomorrow, hope its cool enough.

Have a great weekend!

Abby
Old 07-30-2011, 09:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default extreme gardening this weekend

Back up to the mountain house.

Did a bunch of brush clearing Friday and today.

Thursday was a brutal workout in CrossFit. The gym has a tradition of assigning a special workout on your birthday... and Thursday was my birthday. So after the strength session (squats and deadlifts) I got to do a workout called "Fran": 21 thrusters (start with bar on the ground, pick it up to your shoulders and squat, then stand up lifting the bar overhead at the same time - whew!), 21 pullups, then 15 thrusters, 15 pullups, and in case you haven't had enough, 9 more thrusters and 9 more pullups. And this is all timed with the objective of doing it as fast a possible, but with as much weight as possible.

So I used 55lbs, I still use a band to assist with the pullups, but did it all in 8:17 minutes. It took a several trys to get the last 2 thrusters. By the end I was as close to throwing up as I have ever been .

Abby, it sounds like you had a pretty good coach, even if he was just a kid. Form really is important and the speed you use really does affect which muscle groups you are working.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Yes. Swiming. Kayaking. walking, rafting, and keeping active. Rafting is a new one but we stole the nighbours raft and went out to follow my son preparing for a triathilon. Great fun with the 2 grandkids on board and I felt like HuckFiinn. I also realized standing up on this tiny raft paddling is great balance exercise. I'm afraid the neighbours may have to come hunting for me. We had it back before they got home. Plus we all share - they can borrow my kayak anytime. I want a stand up paddle board so this is my new training method. Mary
Old 07-31-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Mostly resting today.
DH is heading out for a Mt bike ride and I half way considered joining him, but I am pretty pooped and he's well rested so we would just get in each other's way
Old 08-02-2011, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like everyone had an active weekend, we took a ferry to the Boston Harbor Islands (which are a national park), and went on a 2 hour walk, nice and mellow.

Today I ran 5K in 28 minutes, then noodled around on the treadmill changing elevations, and doing different paces finishing at 44 minutes, average 10 minute miles.

I've been thinking about fresh starts, it seems in an exercise life, every day truly is new, what you did yesterday influences what you can do today, but you've got to grab today and not rest on yesterday.

So, go grab it!

Abby
Old 08-02-2011, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Swiming, Kayaking and sailing yesterday. Today the Y, my bike and a swim, maybe the kayak. Mary
Old 08-03-2011, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, Your use of the water is impressive, summer must be a great treat for you!

For me, this morning the world was washed with amazing thunder showers from yesterday - no humidity, clear, the sun was coming up and I went for a glorious run, about 3 miles, about 35 minutes - kind of hilly, no speed demon, but a true celebration! Lots of beautiful gardens.

I then had an appointment in an area where people live when they have their first real job, they don't have kids, and they are young and healthy. It's about half an hour by street car from downtown Boston. I was there at 7:30 AM, and realized "this place is infested by runners" - they were all out celebrating the day, before going to work. I've never felt a camraderie with them before!

Have fun today.

Abby
Old 08-03-2011, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Swiming, Kayaking and sailing yesterday. Today the Y, my bike and a swim, maybe the kayak. Mary
That is awesome! I wish I had the spare time to do all this stuff as frequently as you!
I've been working a 2nd job for the last 3 weeks and its seriously cutting into my workout times...I managed to drag myself out of bed and get in a quick 2 mile run before heading out to work today.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

SW - a two mile run for you doesn't blow your mind, but that "always keep moving" motto makes those stressful long days much better, doesn't it.

I did an intense weight workout at the Y today - lots of reverse lunges, squat press, rows, and more - it felt great, and stetching afterwards felt even better! I will find stairs challenging tomorrow!

Have a happy day!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.