Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-01-2011, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, sounds like you have a very romantic night. And made 8 miles run the next morning? Amazing.

I, on the other hands, did not work out at all the whole week and eat crab, but I like it. Back on tomorrow though.

Mai
Old 05-01-2011, 04:37 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Mai, we all need a break from time to time. The trick is to get back on track . Which I know you will... right on schedule.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

I am in awe of your times SW - but I'm also in awe of all the people doing what they can!

My nephews (Katahdin and Denali) came down from Maine - Sunday morning we went to park near my house and played catch in various ways, followed by boys against the girls soccer (2 on 2, it was also kids against the grownups) I did some good running around, and I'm not much of a soccer player.

No formal exercise, but good activity level!

Abby
Old 05-02-2011, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
OMG that is fantastic - huge contrats! How was the weather? It was quite windy in the SoCal, but nice and dry and temps in the 70s

A 1st and a 7th - SW you have something to be very proud of. I really cannot imagine getting up and out for a second race, especially since you obviously left nothing on the course for race #1.
Thanks Pam, the weather was similar to SoCal's except it was more like 50*, but it didn't matter once you start moving.
Ya, I was a little concerned with doing 2 races back to back but my training paid off- building up endurance and logging the miles was key for me. As long as I didn't hurt anything and didn't come out too fast, I'd be okay

Originally Posted by dear_abby
I am in awe of your times SW - but I'm also in awe of all the people doing what they can!

My nephews (Katahdin and Denali) came down from Maine - Sunday morning we went to park near my house and played catch in various ways, followed by boys against the girls soccer (2 on 2, it was also kids against the grownups) I did some good running around, and I'm not much of a soccer player.

No formal exercise, but good activity level!

Abby
Thanks Abby, it's taken me almost a year to get to this point. Before that, running was the last thing on my mind- it was absolute torture to run even 20 yards.- I hated running and now it puts me in my happy place.
So it doesn't really matter how far or how slow you are, just get out there and do it

I now feel ready to step up to 10k racing and plan to enter 2 more this month (10k's) and one 5k on Memorial day.

Cheers,
Shawn
Old 05-02-2011, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

Oops, went for a short run after work and ended up doing a 5.29mile run.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Shawn, I love the phrase "gets me to my happy place" - that's what my run this morning did - 2 and a quarter miles in 21 minutes (and that included warm up and cool down time, my peak mile was 8 and a half minutes), then 20 crunches on the decline bench (with a 6 lb medicine ball), 20 reverse crunches, 20 leg lifts each leg, and 20 squat press thingies. A fabulous stretch, a shower I could have enjoyed until the Quabbin reservoir empties, and off to work.

May all who seek joy find it today, not at the expense of others, but from that happy place!

Abby
Old 05-03-2011, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Shawn, I love the phrase "gets me to my happy place" - that's what my run this morning did - 2 and a quarter miles in 21 minutes (and that included warm up and cool down time, my peak mile was 8 and a half minutes), then 20 crunches on the decline bench (with a 6 lb medicine ball), 20 reverse crunches, 20 leg lifts each leg, and 20 squat press thingies. A fabulous stretch, a shower I could have enjoyed until the Quabbin reservoir empties, and off to work.

May all who seek joy find it today, not at the expense of others, but from that happy place!

Abby
Nice!
Ugh, I hate doing crunches on the decline bench, but they do get the job done.
I'm a little sore this morning from a few sets of deadlifts & squats after yesterday's run. I'm gonna try to knock out a few miles after work and get to my "happy place" for a bit

I dig it!
"May all who seek joy find it today, not at the expense of others, but from that happy place!"
I thought I found that place when I was stuffing my face with pizza and beers.....I was sooo wrong!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

This morning I ventured in to new exercise territory with Bob Harper's Inside Out Yoga DVD. While I cannot say that I did every pose correctly, I can say that Bob tied me in a knot with my own limbs and then had the nerve to laugh about it. Okay he was actually laughing at one of the people behind him trying to do the pose, but I took it personally. And all I can say to that is that when our oldest DD was little, some cruel relative bought her a blue plastic hippo flashlight, and when you squeezed the handle the hippo's mouth opened, the flashlight inside his mouth turned on and the hippo would guffaw in a really dopey way, and Bob Harper laughs just like a blue plastic hippo. S'truth.

And I LOVE crunches on the decline bench, whooo hoooo hoooo. Okay I don't really love them, what I do love is that they are about twice as effective as regular crunches so I only have to do 1/2 as many.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-03-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Did my two miles as usual at lunch time.

Also, I have decided to dig up a portion of my lawn to make a parking space. I did in front of the steps Sunday and it was a great workout. For some reason I like exercise that actually accomplishes something, like shoveling. By the time I dig out a car-sized patch down to six or eight inches I know I'll burn some calories! After which I'll shovel in some crushed rock (am going to pour Quikcrete for the front step).

Regards,
Michael

PS Also got my chainsaw running this weekend and have a bunch of trees to clean out--that will keep me busy for a while as well.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Yo, Michael! If you want some purposeful exercise, I have about five acres that need to be cleared for pasture. LOL! Seriously, good going.

I did my 3 miles this afternoon, after getting up and moving pretty slowly this morning. One of my hiking buddies said the other day, "Wow, your stamina has really increased!" :::snap suspenders:::

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.