Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-17-2012, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Loobie – it always feels good to be able to post a “I did exercise”.

Ron, still with those personal bests!

SW – I didn’t go for a 10 mile run, and I’m ready for a nap!

Pam good luck!

I arrived for Kettlebell class this AM, but, in a comedy of errors which tends to happen at the Y – a missing key prevented access to the Kettlebells – so we had a boot camp class instead, there was a young woman who is starting work as a trainer at the Y and was shadowing, she was fun to work out next to. Not as challenging as I would have liked, I’ll tell the instructor to ramp it up if I’m again the only student.

Be strong!
Old 09-17-2012, 03:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I ran out of beginning rowing classes to take, and got kicked up to the "Masters" group, with a coach instead of a teacher. Well, they are all coaches, but this guy is more demanding and expects more of us. I'm once again the plumpest and least athletic of the bunch, and I'm trying to not be discouraged.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Ran 4 miles outside. What a pretty day
Old 09-17-2012, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

I did 45 mins on the bike, 45 on the cross trainer, and some weights at the gym today! Feel exhausted....really had to push the last 15 mins on the cross trainer, but I got there! Off to bed now I think ha ha.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Jamie, trying that “masters” group is courageous! You may get to watch yourself move from least athletic to middle of the pack, amazing to be taking these steps

MzMiNi – outdoor running on a beautiful day is a wonderful treat – glad you can do it!

Loobie – that feel good exhaustion is valuable, I almost never have worked out in the evenings - some day I want to do the super powerful workout and then to bed.

So, around 11 AM yesterday my left foot started to kill me, I could barely hobble around the office, I took Ibuprofen, changed from my respectable work shoes (small heel) to sneakers, and kept going. Every step I took killed me, and the fear that I had a stress fracture, which would impact my running for a long time killed me too, so I called my doctor, and they said “sure, come in for an X ray – how about 4:20?” – couldn’t have said a better time, it’s about half a mile across downtown, the only way to get there logically is walking, but I decided I’d have to take an expensive cab ride, because I could barely walk to the ladies room. I got in the elevator, got out in the lovely air, and suddenly, found walking easy – I felt pretty silly getting to the doctors office and saying “all cured!” – she diagnosed tendonitis, and told me to cross train “don’t use this as an excuse to not work out, but I know you wouldn’t, but stay off the treadmill for about a week, and see how it goes”.

So, today I did the fun video game bike (beat my nemesis by 25 seconds!), and then the elliptical which changes programs every minute. My thighs are pleasantly sore!

Have a great day, Abby
Old 09-18-2012, 03:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Abby, thanks for the encouragement! I knew I could count on this good group for some support. That video bike sounds fun, and congratulations on your "win"! Don't feel silly about going to the doctor - much better to get the pain checked out quickly than to let it impede your new fit life or incur a long-term injury!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Jaime: One of the good things about training with those at a higher level than yourself is you tend to improve faster than you would with a less experienced group. Hang in there you will be one of the 'good ole boys' in no time. Being the 'plumpest' of the group is only temporary too!

Abby: Glad to hear the foot wasn't serious. Having that slightly sore feeling is a great way to know you are pushing your body to be better.

Life got in the way of the gym the last few days. Saturday was spent getting ready for our First Annual Firearms Shoot for our family Firearm Business. Then Sunday out setting up, and running the shoot. Monday night I got in on the last part of moving my 27 yr old son out of my house and into his own. Hopefully, I will get back to the gym tonight. Don't want you guys to think I had been avoiding the workouts. I am actually missing them. (And thats a good thing!)
Old 09-18-2012, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hit the gym yesterday after work and pushed my legs pretty hard.
I also achieved a few personal best's
Leg Press: Got to 260lbs and did 2 sets of 10
Leg Extensions: Got to 170lbs and did 2 sets of 10
Sitting Calf Raises: Got to 135lbs and did 3 sets of 10
I also upped my reps on my Incline Lumbar Extension routine.
I also use a 25# plate and did 3 sets of 25-it actually felt effortless, which is good because my lower back used to ache a lot when I would run, but not anymore.

Abby- sorry to hear about the tendonitis, it's a downer when our body says enough I gave myself "Golfer's Elbow" about 3 weeks ago while pushing hard doing preacher curls and they're still pretty tender as of today.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Abby, hope the foot gets better! :S I broke and dislocated my ankle very badly about 4.5 years ago, and it still reeks havoc on any exercise I attempt to do. Grrr. It was exercising that did it in the first place (playing netball, slipped over on a wet court! ) But anyway..... I understand the frustration of having some sort of foot related injury!

Today.....I had to work late, and couldn't get to the gym, so I decided I was going to attempt to jog (for the first time in maybe forever!)
I'm a nanny, so I got the 3 year old I look after onto her bike, and she cycled and I jogged/power walked/died alongside her. She goes at just my pace..... I managed to do 5km (3.1 miles) in 40 mins and 35 seconds, which could have possibly been a bit shorter as I had to wait for said 3 y.o to catch up a lot of the time.... lol. Not sure if this is a good time (obviously about 6 hundred other joggers and runners overtook me along the way, but still....) for me, as I am incredibly unfit at the moment....

Can really feel it in my ankle though now....I even wore my support brace for it, and it still hurts, but never mind....it's still exercise.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Loobie:
Way to get out there and exercise and not use your circumstances as excuses!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.