Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 03-26-2012, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
Gerl, you said you wear othortic. Do you buy at Dr. Scholl or custom made at the foot doctor? I have 1 make at the foot doctor. But just one pair SOme time I want to wear different shoes and have to move it around.

mai
Lastri, I have to get custom made, I have a really hign arch that Dr. Scholls can't fit. However, I have used them for indoor shoes as I can't afford custom orthotics for every shoe.
Just make sure you don't buy the orthotics where you walk over a mat, they are pretty well the same as Dr. Scholls. You should get impressions of your feet or I like the hard plastic that is directly molded to my foot. I have to go to the hospital for them but they feel good. I'm also looking at the Vibramshoes as my girlfriend saysshe has had less hassle with her PF since she started wearing them. I think for people with high arches it's questionable whether they would work but might try them.

Today I did The firm video for dancing. Zumba tonight.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

the stationary bike level 3 40min
Jillian Michelas 30day shred level 1 day 6 - 27min
Old 03-27-2012, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Tunridda – sounds like you ‘re keeping it going steady!

Pam, I hope you’re skiing was amazing – I’ve never done downhill, did a bit of cross country as a kid and hated it – but I was the slow one who held back the group.

Mai, P90x sounds great for you these days.

Crazigerl, you never stop at one thing do you?

Today was spinning, I was surprised to see a young woman on the instructor’s bike – she was apparently doing a practice class of some sort, and seemed fairly unsure of herself, she was miked, but still hard to hear – and didn’t have a lot of presence. The regular instructor never yells, but somehow when he says “this is your last hill make the most of it”, I hear it more powerfully than when she did. It was challenging, but I missed the regular instructor’s style Followed by cruches and stretching – got up to 30 crunches on the bench with a 5 lb weight.

Much more motivated than yesterday – a good night’s sleep is a lovely thing!

Abby
Old 03-27-2012, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Tunridda – sounds like you ‘re keeping it going steady!
I am trying!
If I skip one day, I know that I will and others, and the third so I force myself every day.
Now I have already become routine!

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 1 - day 7 (since yesterday I'm going by step with advanced miss) - 27min
Stationary bike level 3 - 40min
walk on sun - 2,30 h
(my thighs and buttocks hurts!)
Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

For the last month I've been exercising 6 days a week with Insanity, a nd about 3 days out of that week I work out twice a day. Today is one of them.

This morning did about a mile run with crazy lightpole lunges,squates,sprints, etc with my unit... and I still have my 40 minutes of Instanity to do when I get home from work. Luckily it's my recovery week- though it doesn't feel like it AT ALL.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

CC you have a funny way of doing recovery, but good for you.

Abby, I have to keep changing it up as I get complacent and then give up. I'm currently quite motivated but it is not quite translating on the scale. However, I having fun and am moving, that's the main thing.

Tunrida- awesome that you know yourself well and kicktt to get moving.

Today I joined a group that are training for a charity run. They are a walk-run-jog group. I am still too big to run on hard concrete but I did do the jog thing with very small amounts of walk for 3 miles. My car is in the shop so I also had an additional 40 minute walk and I was going to be late if I didn't pick up the pace. Nothing like a meeting first thing in the morning to get your butt moving.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:44 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
Today I joined a group that are training for a charity run. They are a walk-run-jog group. I am still too big to run on hard concrete but I did do the jog thing with very small amounts of walk for 3 miles. My car is in the shop so I also had an additional 40 minute walk and I was going to be late if I didn't pick up the pace. Nothing like a meeting first thing in the morning to get your butt moving.

It is best to movement in the morning when the body is full of energy
Old 03-28-2012, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome CC Stallings – Insanity sounds amazing.
CraziGerl, real life walks are great to fit in.
Today was a nice 3.25 mile run, with some small amounts of elevation, followed by boot camp. Now real work!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 1 - day 8 - 27min
Stationary bike level 3 - 40min
easy walk - 30min

Last edited by Tunnrida; 03-28-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
CC you have a funny way of doing recovery, but good for you.
I tihn kthe DVD just calls it a "recovery" because it's not all GO GO GO GO GO! it's more of a GO....Pain....GO....Pain. XD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.