Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 02-23-2012, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Mule, I also had a long and much needed weekend, made it to the gym only once, but got wonderful walking time (at the museum and the zoo, and then wandering all over Chicago). I am not happy about discussions with the scale, but I’m blaming salt and water in the short term.

Mary, glad you’re not using absence of snow as an excuse.

Crazigerl, glad you’re going to keep spinning – it’s funny when I talk about it I say that one of the great benefits is that it is appropriate for any level of fitness, as you and your bike make it happen. My wonderful instructor (move to Boston!) always tells newbies “make it your ride, I make suggestions” – it’s challenging to try to follow all his suggestions!

I had a dentist appointment this AM so last night I said to DH “I won’t be going to the Y tomorrow, instead I’ll go for a run". He sort of whined “but I never get back to sleep when you get up at five and then are in and out of the house” – so, feeling nice, I decided to go to the Y nearer home (I don’t normally go there as the one I go to is on the way to work). It was a tight cardio area, machines right next to each other, but they were all good and functional, TV’s on each one – I’d rather be in my own thoughts, but I watched news, because it was there. Got half an hour of elliptical time, which wasn’t anything special, but better than nothing.

Abby
Old 02-23-2012, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

2 hours cross country skiing today. Trails were in surprizingly good shape given we only have a few inches of snow. I am a chicken so I walked down a couple of the red hills. 4 inches of packed snow and ice does not a soft landing make. Once there is more snow I have to get braver and convince myself that falling does not hurt. I likely would have made it down them all - I did "accidentally" switch trails once by going through the curve on a hill. I like cross country but I wish you had the same control on hills as you do in downhill. Sunshine was great and the birds were chirping. Mary
Old 02-23-2012, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

I have been using FitDay for two months...but this is my first post. I have been reading other posts and they inspire me to keep up the good work. Since Christmas, I have lost 21 lbs due to a rigid diet, exercise 5 or 6 days a week and support from my family and friends.

I have a goal of loosing another 15 lbs which would bring my BMI down to normal weight. I WILL make it. Goal weight by 15 May 2012.

Today I was on treadmill for 1 hour, elliptical for 20 minutes and leg presses for 10 minutes. I don't love every minute of it, but the results are remarkable.

good luck to all my fellow FitDay followers!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:21 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Sounds like you are doing well. Mary
Old 02-23-2012, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Abby

Did another spin class today and glad I did this instructor was awesome. Just the right amount of pushing me to do a little more but without the singling out. I was completely energized and felt like I could jump off a bridge and survivie. (wish I could bottle those endorphins) The quickest hour ever but I took about 10 steps off the bike before I could walk properly. e

Last edited by crazigerl; 02-23-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: My spell check brain isn't working
Old 02-24-2012, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a beautiful outdoor experience Mary. We’ve got birds chirping out the office windows today, and the snow drops are up.

Welcome Mallen8- soulds like an amazing workout – posting here keeps me working hard!

Crazigerl, isn’t the “end of spin class” feeling amazing ? it does go fast. Although, I find myself, about half way through saying “ok, you’ve made it half way, you can do this” (another one is “if he doesn’t give you a break in 20 seconds, you can take one”). Today was strength ride, whenever you drop the gear, you up the speed. I’m pleased that I am now finding my “stay alive but barely” gear is 17 to 18.

I wear my gym clothes to the gym, and carry my work clothes. Today, for no particular reason, I decided to wear a suit from the back of the closet – it had been my job interview suit three years ago, and looked good on me at the time. Now, it doesn’t I look like I borrowed something from my big sister. Maybe I can get it tailored, it’s good quality.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Getting the suit tailored sounds like a good idea. i have taken in some things I really liked. If it was a suit I'd likely have someone else do it. Good reason for tayloring. make sure they know you want it smaller!! I took a suit in to be shortened and asked them to move the buttons in at the same time - just because I was there. THEY LET THEM OUT! I guess they are more used to theat request. I ended up paying $10.00 and I think the buttons were back exactly where they started once they redid them. Mary
Old 02-24-2012, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

I will help you get it up and going, i think it is a great idea. I am BRAND NEW to this and i love to keep track of my excercise and give myself pats on the back too. Today i did 1 hour of Pilates. Bummer though that they do not have it listed in the activity file. I replace it with 2 hours of yoga which equals a little less than 1 hour of pilates calories burned....hope that is OK and not considered cheating?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by abrokenart
Bummer though that they do not have it listed in the activity file.
Funny you should mention that. And you're brand new! Well, at least you didn't ask about "elliptical".
Old 02-24-2012, 04:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby

Today was strength ride, whenever you drop the gear, you up the speed. I’m pleased that I am now finding my “stay alive but barely” gear is 17 to 18.
OMG 17 to 18, I barely made 10, that's amazing Abby.

Today I did weights and cardio. I watched a girl being put through her paces by a personal trainer. The girl was doing pretty good with the Jillian Michaels like trainer. The trainer pushed her just a little out of her comfort zone. Better than some of the others who let the client call all the shots. What's the point. I took her card. Her name is Jill. lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.