Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 01-25-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
Urbanmule I am so jealous, however I promise you one day I will say 3 miles easy today
Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Good morning all you workout wonders!
So nice to everyone's posts. I'm off for an "easy run" which to tell you the truth, I really don't know what that is. Some runs are just harder than others... if you know what I mean.
Haha I'm not sure where the term "easy run" comes from... it's just a slower pace not necessarily easier to complete, I guess I just worded it weird...

Originally Posted by dear_abby
UrbanMule – you’ve done what Luscious and I dream of, I wanna be like you!
Oh Thanks... that definitely helped get me out the door and to the gym today

I went 4.5 miles today for my tempo run. 4 miles at pace and a 1/2 mile for warm up and cool down. finished in under 50 minutes.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Exercise

Today I used the wii fit games to burn some calories. I played for 35 minutes, then went outside and did 40 skips with the jump rope. I can sure feel it in my sides. I've heard jumping rope is a good all over body work out. I'm wondering how many calories each jump really burns, and if twirling forward or backwards makes a difference. I'm thinking I may find myself doing a search on jump roping.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

I have been told that jumping rope... which I do 1 to 2x's daily for 20 minutes.... can burn 11 - 20 calories per minute depending on your intensity level.

My coworker & I were talking about this two days ago. She informed me when she jumps rope she uses a mini trampoline to save her ankles. I thought that was a great idea. Think I will be in the market for a small trampoline soon lol Sounds like fun too!!!

Last edited by TakeAHike!; 01-25-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Way to go all.

Today I did the stair climbing machine. OMG. Did my legs (bench press, lunges, stinking burpees)
Also did a yoga class. More for the soul than the heart rate.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi friends,

I wrote a beautiful reply yesterday, but my computer ate it – so reporting in a nice half hour run plus a half hour boot camp class,

And you all – so nice to see so many people checking in…

Pam, you jump by greatly increasing the energy for a short time – it’s metaphorical! And Crazigerl, yes we do hillls, and pyramids, and races, it’s all nuts! Tomorrow is a race day…

Mallen – welcome – it gets easier

Slocupcake, love that after work out feeling!

Luscious, Pam’s right, it is a matter of doing a little more than you can do each day! It’s also intersting, what I used to consider a serious run (10 minute mile) is now a jog.

LMB 2011 – Welcome! I hate the jump rope, always end up flogging myself!

Take A Hike, the ropes are scary enough, trampolines can kill you (but maybe you’re not clutzy like me!)

I just finished a run, it started pretty slow, 6.4 MPH, never got much faster, but never got much slower, I hit 5 K at 28.35 which seems to be about normal for me. I kept going longer than I usually do – that was good – got through 41 minutes and 4.3 miles (that included a cool down walk). Runners high really happened, I don’t know if it’s chemicals or ego but it feels good.

Be strong!

Abby
Old 01-26-2012, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

This thread is blowing up with new posters, good to see...

I went for a nice jog today, schedule said I should do 3 miles but I did and extra one cause I felt pretty good.

Side note: my weekly mileage is in the 20's now
Old 01-26-2012, 06:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Nice work everyone. Urban, remind me... you are training for a race, right?

I did my last full CrossFit workout before my race on the 4th. It was brutal - a word I don't usually use. Challenging yes, brutal not normally. I think that I was a little on the tired side as it has been a full week of my various workouts. But it was over and done by 7AM so on to the rest of my day.

Abby I hate when FitDay or the computer sends my messages to electron heaven. I am usually pretty good about remembering to copy the message into the clipboard so that I can retrieve it. But everyonce in a while I forget - major bummer
Old 01-26-2012, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Yup 5k end of feb, 10k end of march, and 1/2 early may
Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hit the gym today, after my usual 2 day break, and it kicked me in the pants. my warm up jog went as planned; but when i moved on to lifting i just couldnt finish my last set in 80% of my lifts. oh well first "bad" day in a while, tomorrow all cardio wooo!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Just got home from the gym. Did back and biceps today followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.