Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
morning or evening? >

morning or evening?

Community
Notices

morning or evening?

Old 01-18-2011, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

I like the way I feel when I exercise in the morning, and it sets a good tone for the day. However, I think whatever works well for each individual is the best.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

I used to exercise only in the evenings, but I realize I need to switch to morning workouts. I am not looking forward to waking up earlier, but I am looking forward to the results!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yup, it is all about the results, whatever time of day!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SailorDoom
I think I'm one of those night owls that wishes she could be an early bird. I work out in the evening, but I always think about switching to mornings... Maybe someday -- it would probably make me feel like a more productive, high-fuctioning person! I figure, as long as I get in there and do *something* at *some point* during the day, its all good!
Same here. It'd be nice if I could get out of bed and workout, but I'm not a morning person. I work out at night around my schedule and it works fine for me. I can see how working out in the morning would be beneficial as it would give you a burst of energy early on and you wouldn't have to worry about getting a workout done that day as you have already worked out.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

I would think it's personal pref but it is said that a AM workout before a meal helps more with fat loss. You are already in a catabolic state upon waking and this supposedly causes more fat utilization for energy. That being said, I like my workouts in the afternoon or night.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

I've been doing both lately and doubling up- early am and after work gym sessions. The gym has had an influx of new members ( the resolutioner crowd) and has been quite crowded at the normal times and I've been trying to beat those crowds.
I've also been trying to break out of a plateau .....
Old 02-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

I used to be a morning person, but it's been difficult for me for the past couple of years. I blame boyfriend's night-owl habits and hectic work-times; often I only get to see him beyond 9 or 10 at night, and I stay up so we have quality couple-time. Of course, that makes it harder to get my body out of bed!

I like to work out in the evening once I get home from work and before dinner - I'll usually get in, have a quick snack (usually string cheese, yogurt, an apple, cottage cheese, a hardboiled egg - something with protein and/or fiber) and then warm up and walk down to the gym. If I get there before 7:00, I usually beat the later-night rush. I'm then ready for dinner when I get back and more pumped for cooking!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

I exercise during my twin toddlers nap time at 120pm daily. I do workout videos since it is winter and very brutal outside northern Michigan. I cannot wait until spring and I will take their nap time put doors in the stroller while I rollerblade.