Anyone on here doing p90x?? >

Anyone on here doing p90x??

Community
Notices

Anyone on here doing p90x??

Old 07-28-2010, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wannabefitgrl
@m330: I don't think it's any kind of medical issue. I didn't notice the soreness so much until I lost a lot of weight...my bones are just closer to the surface. The soreness goes away after a day or two so I'm not super concerned about it, but annoyed that it gets sore. If it were to become a bigger problem, I'd definitely seek medical advice.
I always thought mine was simply exercise-related soreness too... and I wasn't overweight at the time, when I was a real gym rat and well below 10% body fat.

By the way, wannabefitgrl, having read several of your posts here, I admire your commitment and dedication--it sounds like you're doing all the right things. I'm struggling mightily to get into that groove myself (lifting was always easy--but cardio, weight loss, getting back to lifting with damaged joints, not so much!)
Old 07-28-2010, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simonladen
Yea I had googled p90x doubles because I had heard about it and was curious. The schedule I saw had the doubles 3 days a week and then it moved to 4 days per week. I think doing it every day is awesome and is something we are working towards but right now 3 days per week is where our bodies are physically. Mentally I dont think I could do doubles every day....yet
That's what the official P90X doubles program calls for (Phase2 adds CardioX 3x/wk, Phase3 has CardioX doubles 4x/wk.) Nothing wrong with supplementing with extra cardio to do doubles every day, as long as you make sure you aren't overtraining. If your weights or reps decrease, your resting heart rate starts to increase, or you hit a plateau, then you'd want to back off. Just get plenty of sleep, lots of protein, and enough calories to support the extra intensity, and monitor your body for signs of overtraining.

Last edited by m330; 07-28-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the positive feedback m330. I do work hard...but it pays off so it's all worth it.

As for doubles, I had already been working out twice a day when I started the X, so it just felt natural to keep doing that. Most of the time I feel pretty great, just a little muscle soreness after certain workouts, but it goes away within a day or two. Hunger is my biggest issue and I do struggle to mentally overcome the desire to restrict my calories. I am trying to stick with the eating guide the X comes with this time around, and figure for my next round I'm just going to eat clean and healthy, but not stress as much about calories and ratios, etc.

My body looks a lot more athletic and while the pounds aren't melting off, I do notice my pants don't fit anymore, so I know I'm losing inches. Just enjoying feeling good. I'm headed home this weekend and will see family that haven't seen me since Christmas, so I'm looking forward to some compliments!

Keep up the hard work everyone!
Old 07-31-2010, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

So here I am, just finished up week 6 of the X (that makes me halfway done!), having a big plate of stir fry that I whipped up mysel (little rice, little meat, tons of veggies). Absolutely delicious, not to mention filling! I was flipping channels and came across the p90x infomercial...I have a tendancy to watch at least a few minutes of it every time. I find it a little motivational and it's inspiring knowing I'm doing the same workouts they did. Not saying I'll get the same results, but I still like to see people who got crazy fit from it.

I haven't lost a ton of weight, but I see the muscle tone coming and that makes me happy. This is my 'practice round' I think. I just want to get through the program, get used to the moves and the workouts, then do round two and really see how fit I can get. I'm looking forward to the results.

Hope everyone is 'bringing it'!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:17 PM
FitDay Member

Has anyone here done P90X with the Primal/Paleo diets? I see a lot of high carb diets, and I was wondering how successful a Primal diet would be... I am sensitive to most grains and dairy, and Primal has done wonders for me. I'm just worried about getting enough of everything I need if I'm doing such a strenuous workout.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Week 10 done ! I am down to 158 now. Started at 173. That is crazy. I have never in my life seen such a transition in my body before. I will say that my worst area was my gut. I will still have a bit of a gut when I am done I think. The fat is coming off of me in "sheets" so the gut will be the last to go

Less than 3 weeks and I am done with round 1!

To those asking about diets, I have read that you must follow the p90x diet in order to see great results. That is horse stuff. Just keep a calorie deficit and you will be fine. get the right amount of proteins so your body can build muscle and then dont go crazy on carbs and fat and youll be fine

Last edited by simonladen; 08-01-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Verschof
Has anyone here done P90X with the Primal/Paleo diets? I see a lot of high carb diets, and I was wondering how successful a Primal diet would be... I am sensitive to most grains and dairy, and Primal has done wonders for me. I'm just worried about getting enough of everything I need if I'm doing such a strenuous workout.
I recently discovered Primal myself, Verschof... just ordered the book yesterday as a matter of fact, and I've been reading through Mark's Daily Apple for a couple weeks now.

Although it seems like P90X is probably a more intense regime than Sisson would recommend, I don't anticipate you'd have any problems with it--just increase your calories (proteins and fats in this case) if you feel your intake is too low. I'm slowly working in that direction, trying to eat through the processed carbs I've got in the house (can't bring myself to waste good food, and thankfully I've been eating healthy-if not primal-for awhile, so they're "healthy" carbs, no white flour or sugar stuff, but still processed), while reducing my daily intake over time. I find that I'm feeling better overall, and actually have more energy/endurance for exercise and find I'm performing better in the P90X workouts (full disclosure: I'm not doing the full program yet and am modifying/abbreviating routines where necessary to accommodate shoulder rehab, and a persistent nasty case of shin splints.)

How long have you been eating Primal now, and did you have any difficulty transitioning? (Perhaps not, if you were sensitive to grains & dairy.)

Last edited by m330; 08-02-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wannabefitgrl
I was flipping channels and came across the p90x infomercial...I have a tendancy to watch at least a few minutes of it every time. I find it a little motivational and it's inspiring knowing I'm doing the same workouts they did. Not saying I'll get the same results, but I still like to see people who got crazy fit from it.

I haven't lost a ton of weight, but I see the muscle tone coming and that makes me happy. This is my 'practice round' I think. I just want to get through the program, get used to the moves and the workouts, then do round two and really see how fit I can get. I'm looking forward to the results.

Hope everyone is 'bringing it'!
I'm prone to doing the same thing with the P90X commercials. Beachbody's marketing folks are very good at what they do.

As you probably know, fat takes up more volume than muscle (muscle is denser, and a pound of muscle is much smaller than a lb of adipose tissue.) Congratulations on successfully altering your body composition!

The past couple weeks have been a "practice round" of sorts for me with P90X. It's the first resistance training of any kind I've done for some time, and I'm experiencing the same thing: I'm not losing weight at the moment (hovering around the same point for a week and a half), but the belt's a full notch tighter.

Hope you had an enjoyable visit home, and got all the complements your hard work has warranted!

Last edited by m330; 08-02-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simonladen
Week 10 done ! I am down to 158 now. Started at 173. That is crazy. I have never in my life seen such a transition in my body before. I will say that my worst area was my gut. I will still have a bit of a gut when I am done I think. The fat is coming off of me in "sheets" so the gut will be the last to go

Less than 3 weeks and I am done with round 1!

To those asking about diets, I have read that you must follow the p90x diet in order to see great results. That is horse stuff. Just keep a calorie deficit and you will be fine. get the right amount of proteins so your body can build muscle and then dont go crazy on carbs and fat and youll be fine
Congrats on your success so far! And I think you hit the nail on the head regarding the P90X diet. I think it's important to remember that many of these published programs are written for the lowest common denominator (that's not a putdown, just pointing out that they have to be understandable to the layman who isn't nutrition-, fitness-, or diet-aware.) Just participating on a site like FitDay indicates the person likely already has a better awareness of diet and nutrition than the average person watching the infomercial.

Of course P90X offers a sound diet, but if you already know what your body needs, or have something that works for you, there is no need to follow their recommended diet exactly--make your adjustments and do what works for you. I think the important thing is to make sure the P90X participant is getting enough protein and overall calories for the muscle to repair itself and avoid overtraining. And that is perhaps the key for those who've been restricting calories to lose weight: tweaking the diet to promote muscle growth and improve your ratio of lean body mass.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by m330
Congrats on your success so far! And I think you hit the nail on the head regarding the P90X diet. I think it's important to remember that many of these published programs are written for the lowest common denominator (that's not a putdown, just pointing out that they have to be understandable to the layman who isn't nutrition-, fitness-, or diet-aware.) Just participating on a site like FitDay indicates the person likely already has a better awareness of diet and nutrition than the average person watching the infomercial.

Of course P90X offers a sound diet, but if you already know what your body needs, or have something that works for you, there is no need to follow their recommended diet exactly--make your adjustments and do what works for you. I think the important thing is to make sure the P90X participant is getting enough protein and overall calories for the muscle to repair itself and avoid overtraining. And that is perhaps the key for those who've been restricting calories to lose weight: tweaking the diet to promote muscle growth and improve your ratio of lean body mass.
Yep thats right. There is a sweet spot there with calorie intake for those wanting to lose weight and do a program like p90x. You need to eat less calories than you burn but more than whatever your specific "starvation mode" calorie cutoff is. For me specifically that is less than 2500ish but more than 900ish calories per day. Again its not that hard to fit your diet into that. Its more for people who go to the extremes. Eating too much and/or too little both produce drastically negative results. With protein its around 1g per kg of your weight each day. For me thats around 70-80g daily. This should give you more than enough protein to build muscle for everyone except professional body builders. Dont listen to people saying you need 200g of protein per day. About 2/3s of that will just be put on as fat or...removed from your body daily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.