weight loss tips

Old 08-09-2023, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by glanmit
Eat - less, exercise - more!
Totally agree!
Old 08-10-2023, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

I've unearthed a website that's a pole dancer's dream come true! They have an extensive collection of poles and accessories that cater to dancers of all levels. I'm beyond Pole Now excited to explore the possibilities and gear up for some unforgettable pole dancing sessions.
Old 08-10-2023, 10:37 PM
FitDay Member

Certainly, here are some effective weight loss tips to help you on your journey:
  1. Set Realistic Goals: Aim for gradual and sustainable weight loss. Losing 1-2 pounds per week is a healthy and attainable goal.
  2. Balanced Diet: Focus on a balanced diet that includes lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats. Avoid extreme diets that eliminate entire food groups.
  3. Portion Control: Be mindful of portion sizes to avoid overeating. Use smaller plates and pay attention to hunger and fullness cues.
  4. Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Sometimes, thirst can be mistaken for hunger.
  5. Regular Meals: Eat regular meals and snacks to keep your metabolism steady and prevent overindulging due to extreme hunger.
  6. Mindful Eating: Eat slowly and savor each bite. This helps you recognize when you're full and prevents overeating.
  7. Limit Processed Foods: Minimize highly processed and sugary foods. These are often calorie-dense and low in nutrients.
  8. Fiber-Rich Foods: Include fiber-rich foods like whole grains, vegetables, and legumes. Fiber helps you feel full and supports healthy digestion.
  9. Healthy Snacks: Choose nutritious snacks like fruits, vegetables, Greek yogurt, and nuts instead of sugary or salty options.
  10. Regular Physical Activity: Incorporate regular exercise into your routine. Aim for a mix of cardio, strength training, and flexibility exercises.
  11. Set a Routine: Establish a consistent eating and sleeping schedule. This can help regulate your metabolism and hunger cues.
  12. Get Enough Sleep: Aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep per night. Poor sleep can disrupt hormones that regulate appetite and metabolism.
  13. Reduce Stress: Practice stress-reduction techniques such as meditation, yoga, or deep breathing. Stress can contribute to overeating and weight gain.
  14. Keep a Food Journal: Tracking what you eat can help you become more aware of your eating habits and identify areas for improvement.
  15. Celebrate Non-Scale Victories: Focus on improvements in energy levels, strength, and overall well-being, not just the number on the scale.
  16. Social Support: Share your goals with friends or family who can provide encouragement and accountability.
  17. Be Patient: Weight loss takes time. Avoid getting discouraged by focusing on long-term progress rather than quick fixes.
  18. Consult Professionals: If possible, consult a registered dietitian and a healthcare professional before making significant changes to your diet or exercise routine.
Remember, everyone's journey is unique, so it's important to find strategies that work best for you and your lifestyle. Gradual changes and sustainable habits are more likely to lead to successful and lasting weight loss.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Good info here. Thanks for sharing your experiences! I've been fighting my extra weight for several months already. About a month ago, I looked through these Beachbody reviews and was persuaded to give this platform a try. Currently, I'm following one of their at-home fitness programs. I like it and see the result.

Last edited by Salex9933; 08-16-2023 at 04:08 AM.
Old 09-17-2023, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Do you know how I coped with a fat belly? I started doing Wall Pilates https://betterme.world/articles/28-d...tes-challenge/ 28 days later I realized that I didn't want to stop because I saw a visible result. I recommend reading!

Last edited by maryglo; 09-23-2023 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2023, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

I've been on a weight loss journey for a few months now, and I've learned a lot along the way. Here are a few tips that have worked for me:
  • Make small changes. Trying to change everything at once is overwhelming and unsustainable. Start by making small changes to your diet and exercise routine, and gradually build from there.
  • Find a support system. Having people to cheer you on and hold you accountable can make a big difference. Join a weight loss support group, find a workout buddy, or talk to your friends and family about your goals.
  • Don't beat yourself up if you slip up. Everyone has setbacks. Just pick yourself up and keep going.
Here's a personal tip: I find it helpful to track my progress in a journal. Writing down what I'm eating, how I'm exercising, and how I'm feeling helps me stay on track and motivated.

I hope these tips help you on your own weight loss journey!
Old 09-24-2023, 09:11 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for helping me to lose weight
Old 12-13-2023, 10:10 PM
FitDay Member

Here are a few quick weight loss tips for you:
  • Stay hydrated
  • Eat mindfully
  • Move your body
  • Get enough sleep
  • Manage stress
Old 01-09-2024, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

Partial substitution of carbs for vegetables worked well for me as I struggle with reducing portion sizes, courgettes and sweet potatoes for half the normal carbs and sliced to look like them can help kid you into not really noticing.

Walking, rucking or hiking an extra 40 mins every other day helps burn off extra calories to.