Notices

Limited space...

Old 12-21-2010, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

Default Limited space...

I love my collection of fitness DVDs. I have Billy Blanks, Biggest Loser, TurboFire, P90X, Brazilian Butt Lift (yes...I'm a guy...whatever I want a nice butt lol)...all these awesome DVDs. BUT! I live in the basement of my parents house (I'm only 23) and I have very limited room to utilize these amazing DVDs. The biggest concern being height. I am almost 6 foot and the height of the basement is 6' 10". I can almost stretch my arms at full length, I could really benefit if I had an extra 6-12 inches. I also don't have the option of using the space upstairs simply because of the lack of room to perform exercises.

So what do I do?

Wait until I move out (in a year or so) and have a space of my own to use these DVDs or is it possible I can modify the workouts? Suggestions, ideas, comments, similar issues...go ahead and post. Thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

I would think you should be able to do any one of them? If there is something that requires your arms to be fully extended up just go outside or sit down.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Anything that requires you to put your arms straight overhead, throw in a squat. A little extra help for the tush If anyone gives you a hard time about the Brazilian video, tell them you're just enjoying the scenery.

I hear ya on limited space, I have the same problem. It's one of 2 reasons I have a gym membership (that I need to make better use of ). The second reason is Mommy doesn't get left alone at home. I modify workouts all the time, aerobics that are filmed in a dance studio and they're taking 12 wide steps in either direction? Yeah, not unless I can morph through the wall and use the neighbor's yard. So I do the steps in place. At home, pilates and yoga work best for me, a lot of it's on the floor so space is less of an issue. I do punch the ceiling fan on occasion. If it's something I simply can't do, I do something else until that exercise is over. Usually that's either stretching or extra crunches, my belly is my biggest issue.

Last edited by Lizzycritter; 12-22-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

holy moly mike! your progress pics are great!!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

haha yes I recall trying a Billy Blanks video and I had to squat a bit to fully extend my arms. I also got Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior workout. Might do that on one of the days I can't get to the gym.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kcolville
holy moly mike! your progress pics are great!!
thank you.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

I just finished rearranging all of the furniture in my bedroom and now I have a nice open space that measured a bit bigger than 6 x 8 feet. AWESOME!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

that's the way to improvise.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:02 PM
FitDay Member

To celebrate I played Wii boxing for about 45 minutes and did some other balancing games and yoga with Wii Fit. I got a decent workout! I no longer feel bad for not going to the gym today.