FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   weight training DVDs (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/2699-weight-training-dvds.html)

tandoorichicken 12-20-2010 09:05 AM

vabeachgirlnyc,

Go ahead and do the 90 days! I'm all for switching up programs. Usually what happens is you give your body a chance to fully adapt or recover from heavy lifting while you do other things, then you come back stronger. I normally change up programs every 2-3 months or so anyways, but this year for personal reasons I was forced to take a break from squatting or deadlifting for three months, and interestingly enough, I put 20 lbs on my max squat about a week after coming back to the gym. I say you give it a try!

farah,

It's the programs that are the hardest that will give you the best results. I don't think any powerlifting program can match P90X in terms of sheer conditioning improvement and getting just plain ripped. It's like those bros at the gym with huge biceps and skinny wimpy legs. They don't train legs because that's hard for them. Curls are easy for them. But they'd realize that if they focused on what was hardest for them they'd see the best gains!

01gt4.6 12-20-2010 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken (Post 29074)
vabeachgirlnyc,

Go ahead and do the 90 days! I'm all for switching up programs. Usually what happens is you give your body a chance to fully adapt or recover from heavy lifting while you do other things, then you come back stronger. I normally change up programs every 2-3 months or so anyways, but this year for personal reasons I was forced to take a break from squatting or deadlifting for three months, and interestingly enough, I put 20 lbs on my max squat about a week after coming back to the gym. I say you give it a try!

farah,

It's the programs that are the hardest that will give you the best results. I don't think any powerlifting program can match P90X in terms of sheer conditioning improvement and getting just plain ripped. It's like those bros at the gym with huge biceps and skinny wimpy legs. They don't train legs because that's hard for them. Curls are easy for them. But they'd realize that if they focused on what was hardest for them they'd see the best gains!

I told vabeachgirlnyc 90 days ago to do it. ;)

The bros at the gym don't worry about legs b/c they hide their chicken legs in jeans. They just want to pump on their arms so they can go to the club and impress the ladies. I guess it doesn't matter since the ladies at the club will probably never see their legs. :p

midwestj 12-20-2010 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 29075)
I told vabeachgirlnyc 90 days ago to do it. ;)

The bros at the gym don't worry about legs b/c they hide their chicken legs in jeans. They just want to pump on their arms so they can go to the club and impress the ladies. I guess it doesn't matter since the ladies at the club will probably never see their legs. :p

Thats hilarious!

Whats sexier ladies: calf muscles or biceps?

01gt4.6 12-20-2010 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by midwestj (Post 29089)
Thats hilarious!

Whats sexier ladies: calf muscles or biceps?

That's a good question. I'd guess that most would say biceps. :confused: I try to stay pretty evenly proportioned... but my legs and back seem to dominate.

farahb7 12-20-2010 02:06 PM

hahahha!!!! good information, thank u all!!!!
AND guess what? i'm going for p90x!!!!! u know, i also thought i won't be able to lose weight but, i did it, now, i'm going to concentrate on this system and surprise myself by the results! i'll make sure to share my before and after photos so u all see how it worked for me as well. :D
but first, got to buy the system.
by the way do i have to get any other equipment other than the bar?

01gt4.6 12-20-2010 03:02 PM

a pullup bar, which I assume you have, bumbbells or resistance bands will do it. You don't have to get it from BeachBody, check out your local sporting goods store or craigslist.

vabeachgirlNYC 12-20-2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 29098)
bumbbells or resistance bands will do it.

What's a bumbbell??? Hahahaha...:p

And biceps (drool) men!!!

01gt4.6 12-20-2010 05:10 PM

I meant bumdells ;):D

vabeachgirlNYC 12-21-2010 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 29105)
I meant bumdells ;):D

Well biceps and "bums" are my fav! ;)

farahb7 12-30-2010 04:14 PM

hey guys! i've seen a deal, P90X set of 13 dvd's+ push up pro + chin up bar + set of resistance for $110. do u think it is safe to buy?