What can I do.... Help >

What can I do.... Help

Community
Notices

What can I do.... Help

Old 02-09-2011, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Question What can I do.... Help

I need some advice on what is the best exercise to loose that dreadful lower poach ughhh I have done sit ups and crunches but I don’t know what specific exercise targets my lower abdomen. Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Cardio, do cardio. You won't see any results until you start losing the fatty layer that is covering the ab muscles.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

but "spot reducing" doesn't work. You can get nice tight abs under that annoying pouch, but overall diet and exercise, burning more than you consume, is the way that pouch will disappear, and the beautiful abs you're making will appear.

However, the hard work you're putting in is valuable, it's burning those calories!

Abby
Old 02-09-2011, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, the muscle isn't the issue there, and no matter how strong and taut it is, you won't notice if it is buried under fat. Fat loss is the way to go, but I'd suggest a combination of resistance training using compound movements (which should give you're abs all the workout they need), and cardio that focuses on high intensity interval training.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the advice I figured I have to lose the fat first I just thought maybe there was an excersise to speed it up, But if I continue to lose weight the pouch will dissapear?

Does the same concept go for flabby arms?
Old 02-10-2011, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by starynight142001
Thanks for the advice I figured I have to lose the fat first I just thought maybe there was an excersise to speed it up, But if I continue to lose weight the pouch will dissapear?

Does the same concept go for flabby arms?
There is an exersice that will speed it up--It's call running j/k! But really, running is probably the best way to burn a large amount of calories. Adding in some intervals will make it that much sweeter. Yes, the same concept goes for your arms, stomach, butt, thighs, or anywhere else you wanna lose. As Abby said, you can't really do "spot reducing" but what you can do in implement some strength training with your cardio. If you feel you need to tighten up the are most, put more focus on that area. The good thing about arms is that most any workout you do for your upper body will workout your arms as well, such as bench press, military press, flies, etc... Hope this information help!

Shaun
Old 02-10-2011, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

The best advice on flabby arms I can give you is to build up the shoulder and upper arm muscles. This will fill in that flabby bit and make it all but disappear. And BTW he's not really kidding about the running, it's just about the biggest calorie burn you can get in the shortest amount of time, swimming and skiing are also really high burning workouts (especially if the water/air is cold). If your body can't take running, the elliptical is a close second, and bonus the elliptical is also great for toning arms/shoulders.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-10-2011 at 04:21 AM.