How to combat cramp?

Community
Notices

How to combat cramp?

Old 12-17-2010, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm taking some calcium for cramps

Hi there!

I have had cramps during exercise and some at night. My doctor suggested calcium tablets which i take in the morning and lunch. I usually have a sports drink while doing my spinning classes. Good luck!
Old 12-26-2010, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

For me, I found that shoes (inserts) make some of the difference, but most of all it is the surface.
Every year in March on the farm, I have to walk about five miles a day, no days off for healing. It terrifies me because I know my left calf cramps when walking. It turns out that on dirt ground, I can do it. It is the pavement and/or floor that is too hard on me.
So now, when I go for a walk, I step over onto the dirt/grass at the side of the road. Just have to watch for "little gifts" on the edge of the road.

We have a great horse trail near our house. Again, "little gifts", only bigger.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Not read through every reply but flicked through and couldn't see a mentioned of Salt.

You probably need more salt in your diet. I used to cramp when running by my gym instructor (2005 - First time I lost some weight) told me to have more salt and I've NEVER had cramp since.

Obviously don't gp crazy on the stuff