Side Monkeys (Quadrupedal Movement) Tutorial One of the BEST Leg Exercises >

Side Monkeys (Quadrupedal Movement) Tutorial One of the BEST Leg Exercises

Notices

Side Monkeys (Quadrupedal Movement) Tutorial One of the BEST Leg Exercises

Old 12-05-2017, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Post Side Monkeys (Quadrupedal Movement) Tutorial One of the BEST Leg Exercises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2TWZkWDxPM

What the hell are Side Monkeys you might ask? It is not a exercise you will see in bodybuilding or even a cross fit gym. I came across this exercise back in 2007 when i was training as a Parkour practitioner. This was our go to exercise to build hip strength and test our endurance!

This exercise is designed specifically for athletes or anyone who likes mixing in athletic movements into their workout program. Everyone does their typical squats, lunges, step ups but very few people implement lateral exercise such as side lunges or as now mentioned side monkeys (aka moving side ways during an exercise).

It is a challenging exercise done correctly but also has the flexibility to be plugged into various programs like HIIT, Circuit Training, Cross Fit Classes, Group Classes and so on!