Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
How to take HIIT workout to the next level?? >

How to take HIIT workout to the next level??

Community
Notices

How to take HIIT workout to the next level??

Old 12-03-2017, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default How to take HIIT workout to the next level??

I've been training HITT for a while now. 4+ times a week for about 30min. Mostly cardio. I'm beginning to get to comfortable with the routine i've set.
I'm looking for products/supplements/equipment/routines/programs to take my training to the next level.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Up your intensity if you've become comfortable with the routine. Something I have learned from working out is if I am comfortable then I am not going to see much progress. You can try HIIT cardio with any equipment. Sprinting on a treadmill, intervals on a bike, or even an elliptical. Something I've recently gotten into is swimming, it's been a bit tough to get HIIT going for swimming because my form isn't that good so I can't go very long. You could even find a hill and do some sprints on it, then walk down, that is a pretty good HIIT workout. Anyways, hope this helped shed a little bit of light. Good luck.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:01 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Handling HIIT Workout

If you’re getting a little too comfortable with your HIIT workout, switch things up by doing the following three things:
  • Shorten your recovery period: Perhaps your HIIT workout is feeling a lot less of a challenge since there’s too much rest time in between. So if you had a 1:2 work-to-rest ratio, shorten it down to a 1:1 ratio, and so on.
  • Crack up the intensity: If you can go 4 rounds of rows in 12 minutes, for instance, and feel you’ve reached a fitness plateau, double it up and try to complete your workout in the same amount of time as before.
Mixing up your HIIT with active rest sessions involving stretch or planks can also level up your HIIT workout.

Last edited by staytouch2022; 08-17-2022 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-06-2022, 04:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default How to take HIIT workout to the next level?

There are a few things you can do to take your HIIT workout to the next level.
  1. you can try different exercises to keep your body guessing and prevent boredom.
  2. you can increase the intensity of your workout by going harder and faster.
  3. you can add some extra elements like Plyometrics to really get your heart pumping. By following these tips, you can take your HIIT workout to the next level and see even better results.