Notices

Anyone felt sick after exercise?

Old 11-22-2010, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Anyone felt sick after exercise?

Every time I really try to work out several days a week, I get sick. I know my immune system is in shock because I started eating less calories and exercising regularly for the first time in several months, but it is very frustrating. Any ideas? I am usually VERY healthy! UGH
Old 11-22-2010, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Are you eating enough calories? I used to get "sick" if I'd exercise without having breakfast.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

I only work out four days a week for that reason. Most people don't realize it, but while your muscles can recover pretty quickly from whatever you throw at them, your nervous system takes a little longer. At six days a week I can last maybe one or two weeks because my muscles recover day after day, but any longer than two weeks and I burn out, get depressed for a week, and usually have cold-like symptoms. Recovery is really important when you're exercising regularly, and especially if you've cut back on calories, it's paramount that you don't burn yourself out.

Make sure you're getting plenty of sleep too!

Good luck!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Are you drinking enough water throughout the day?