Notices

Calories Burned Log

Old 11-04-2010, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Calories Burned Log

Hello,

I am new to this sight and really love all the information that I am getting here. My question is, when I went in to set up my activity and I chose setting mostly but moving around some it showed for a 24 hour period I would burn about 1900 calories. Is that correct or am I misunderstanding it. That was before I added any exercise that I had done for that day.

Thanks guys
Old 11-04-2010, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know your stats (age, weight, height) but it sounds reasonable. Doing a google search for BMR or Base Metabolic Rate will lead you to some other sites that will let you compare what Fitday calculated and other versions. I found Fitday to be off slightly for me (about 100 calories/day) so I entered a custom BMR.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Agreed; depending on age and your size, it could be correct. The smaller you are, and the older, unfortunately, the fewer calories you need.

If I add sleep as an activity, Fitday is pretty accurate for me.

You can use this one to double check and see if you get a similar number:

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs
Old 11-04-2010, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Calories Burned Log

I know this is going to sound really stupid and I even hate to ask but, wouldn't that mean if I am eating 1500 calories a day, without even any exercise I have burned more calories than I have eaten?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by twinsister2
I know this is going to sound really stupid and I even hate to ask but, wouldn't that mean if I am eating 1500 calories a day, without even any exercise I have burned more calories than I have eaten?
Yes.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by twinsister2
yes but your BMR 1900 would start to drop slowly and the weight which you would lose by eating less can be up to 1/4 muscle mass. Not a good idea.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't wanna start a new thread because my question is kinda close to the OP's post.

Is there a way to add your own calories burned into the activity log? Or craft a new activity in the log? I plan on doing my own heart rate calculations with a heart monitor.

I found a site that does the calculations for me here
http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
Old 11-11-2010, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Unfortunately you can't create a custom activity. It would be a great feature though. You might suggest it to the moderators posting under 'Feedback and Support'.

In the mean time, I suggest you find an activity that burns about the same calories per minute and substitute that.