Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Ok feeling C***py .... bummed off for two weeks! >

Ok feeling C***py .... bummed off for two weeks!

Community
Notices

Ok feeling C***py .... bummed off for two weeks!

Old 08-31-2010, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ok feeling C***py .... bummed off for two weeks!

oK, SO LOTS OF MAJOR TRESS GOING ON IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW - BIG GIANT MOVE - to a different city, lotsa logistics, money issues for the time being and just cr*p in general ...... stopped excercising ... finding every excuse to not get on my bike -

its close to 90 degress outside hot humid and really uncomfortable ..... however ... its that little sabbotaging voice in me -

just eat it - just leave the excercise - meh ......

old demons ...... the emotional side of weightloss becomes problematic when one does not have the skills to deal with the feelings that relapse (such as I am experiencing now)

I am identyfying these and realize the horse is still waiting for me to get on it, rather than not at all!

Its such a pain I must say! nonetheless .... i havent journaled marked my food intake over the last two weeks as a result of these feelings of feeling ashamed again, but glad this board is here to write about my feelings and get back on ... ok off I go!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Stress Eater relates.

Originally Posted by missdevine
oK, SO LOTS OF MAJOR TRESS GOING ON IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW - BIG GIANT MOVE - to a different city, lotsa logistics, money issues for the time being and just cr*p in general ...... stopped excercising ... finding every excuse to not get on my bike -

its close to 90 degress outside hot humid and really uncomfortable ..... however ... its that little sabbotaging voice in me -

just eat it - just leave the excercise - meh ......

old demons ...... the emotional side of weightloss becomes problematic when one does not have the skills to deal with the feelings that relapse (such as I am experiencing now)

I am identyfying these and realize the horse is still waiting for me to get on it, rather than not at all!

Its such a pain I must say! nonetheless .... i havent journaled marked my food intake over the last two weeks as a result of these feelings of feeling ashamed again, but glad this board is here to write about my feelings and get back on ... ok off I go!
As a (former) Stress Eater, I can totally relate. However, my overeating did not stop with just stress.
You have acknowledged that you are under stress - so - give yourself a break and try not to worry, it just adds to the overload of stress. 18 months ago I moved from one side of the country to the other (work) and got gray hair for it. So, stress does affect us.
Do you do relaxation tapes? I never did until recently. For 20 minutes I laid on the bed and listened. I, in my entire life, do not recall - EVER - feeling that rested 'inside' of my body. Not just my mind but an actual physical feeling of - peace.
If you do not have the tapes, rent from the library, slot yourself 20-30 minutes and try it. The other thing that works for me is walking. It gives me
energy and clears my mind. It is great to have two choices for relieving the stress instead of one - food.
Hope this helps or gives you an idea to persue. Carren
Old 08-31-2010, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

I'm going to second the walking. I never knew just how much I enjoyed plain old walking until recently. If I have the option of going to the gym, swimming, workout DVD's, walking or getting on the elliptical, I always choose walking. Unfortunately for me, most of the time I really can't do a walk for exercise unless I take the kids with me, which takes quite a bit of the speed out of it for me.

Has it occurred to you that part of your increased stress is because you aren't working out? Exercise is a great help in lowering your stress, also when I go for a long walk I almost always find money and coupons, so it also helps out financially too...

If it makes you feel less isolated, I haven't been on in 2 weeks either, but I'm back on the wagon as of yesterday. Come on, up you go, sit here by me and we'll beat the bulge together...
Old 09-01-2010, 11:42 AM
FitDay Member

I'm saddling up that pony again too. It doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down, all that matters is you get up one more time. This is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

Yeah, this is hard work. I'm not sure if it ever ends. I swear its harder on yourself to give in to all urges then it is to work on the food/mental stuff you mention. Try to make your eating habits something that you can live with. You aren't happy eating junk. You want to do whats best for yourself. What is something you can work on? Just one thing. Make it small. Believe in yourself miss devine. We all have a lot of strength in us.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Well thanks so much everyone for all of the encouraging words!

It has ben a very very emotional time for me and trying to control the urge to eat has been a daunting task, however more successul than in past. I finally had an emotional release the other day where my husband heard my upset at how I know he is not as attracted to me and it shows and it makes me hate myself more than I already hate the body i am in .... he was extremely apologetic and admitted to being more selfish and self centred and responded very well.

I am the one who controls all the finances, the cross country move, the big changes and quit my job ...... so its been pressure supreme ..... with bills over $30k going out last month I felt the pressure immensely! However its quite the pressure coaster to come off of ... ive been in a perpetual state of angst for the last 6 months .... soooooo with a huge expense off our back of our home and moving into a smaller one I feel much better ....... I also feel the need to invest in a Wii and just have a good time - the weather is attrocious with humidity at %95 some days soooooo ...... with that being said, im feeling better as this is a place to just load it off and im thankful for you guys being on here!

thanks so much for your encouraging words peeps! xoxox
Old 11-22-2022, 09:37 PM
FitDay Member

Keep trying to make it better for you. Do not lose hope.