FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   "walk away the pounds" (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/206-walk-away-pounds.html)

neva832 01-20-2010 06:54 AM

"walk away the pounds"

Has anyone used the video and have you been successful with it?
Need some motivation...I reacently started the excercise
:)

j_mariner 01-29-2010 10:12 AM

I have a few of her videos. I really like them. I think you'll get a good workout from it.

KimmyRocks 01-30-2010 01:06 AM

music can help motivate

Music that has a beat that matches your foot strikes can really help get you moving and keep you going while you're walking.

I listen to music a lot while I use my treadmill. I love it.

I even use it to reward myself for meeting goals. When I want to purchase new tunes, I have to earn them. :) Works for me. It keeps things fresh and I'm looking forward to the additions. It gives me a reason to go a little farther.

mcsolar 01-30-2010 03:33 AM

i used the mixes from djsteveboy to work on my running cadence; the mixes are techno and cover a wide range of beats. each is about an hour long, and they're free. visit his archives here:

Podrunner: Free Workout Music Mixes

don't have any experience with that particular walk program, but go for it!!!

LynndaMaree 01-30-2010 07:08 PM

RealAge Videos - realage.com

Try this, it's Leslie Sanson's 15 minute mile video. It
s free. Hope this helps.

crkathleen 02-11-2010 02:19 AM

Neva, I just started WATP. Today will be day 3. I personally believe it's a great workout. It's part of my 21 day challenge. I will let you know of my progress if you like.
Take care!
I'm doing the 2 mile walk. I lost my 3 mile DVD :(

killerwasp 02-11-2010 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by neva832 (Post 1354)
Has anyone used the video and have you been successful with it?
Need some motivation...I reacently started the excercise
:)

I've been using the video series of one, two, and three mile walks which incorporates the weighted balls. I don't use the balls, which are awkward, but little three-pound dumbbells work fine for me. It's a pretty good series. As a guy with very little coordination, I think the moves are easy to follow and a good substitute for a regular brisk walk when you cannot get outside or when you just want to try some variety.

There are lots of different videos to choose from. The ones where she interacts with a group are more interesting than those featuring Leslie exercising solo.:)

Scndtonun 02-11-2010 07:14 AM

Lynnda-Thanks for recommending that website of Leslies. I will be trying that today. It sure beats borrowing my friend's treadmill and having that eye sore in the middle of my livingroom. Her video looks fun and definitely doable.