Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
So I broke down and got a Wii! - Any recs for programs ? >

So I broke down and got a Wii! - Any recs for programs ?

Notices

So I broke down and got a Wii! - Any recs for programs ?

Old 09-05-2010, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default So I broke down and got a Wii! - Any recs for programs ?

I live in a pretty remote location where the weather element can be very tough - seeing as its been either stinking hot, or extremely rainy due to the hurricane ...... which means I cant ride my bike outdoors Sooooo - I opted to get a Wii -well - pretty expenive buiying all the additional stuff to go on it!

Whew! Well - here we are - deciding on what games to play - I love the tennis - but anything elsee thats interactive - I got the balance board - im looking for effective - yet interactive stuff - but nothing thats going to make me have my heart in my throat!
Thanks yall
Old 09-05-2010, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Games

I too use the Wii....I have the Biggest Loser and the EA Sports active. The EA has a leg band that you wear while performing the exercises. While sometimes it doesn't always register exactly right, I do think this program gives the better workout. There are some exercises in every routine that uses resistance bands (included...I bought mine off Ebay - New) which I think helps alot. One note...the resistance bands included are not very strong tho...I already had a set of stronger ones, so you will probably want to upgrade fairly quickly. I think the Biggest Loser has its values too, but I seem to have trouble with it freezing up, and I have seen on other forums that others seem to have the same problem. I tried again today, and had the same thing happen. I have been told if you take the game to a video store, they can put it in their cleaning machine and that may fix it, so I am going to try that. Good Luck!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

I do dance dance revolution with the kids, you can customize it and take out the jumps, hand claps etc if you aren't too coordinated (like me). It does need a floor mat, that came with the game. I'm considering a balance board for christmas.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

I like the Wii Fit Plus, it has a place where you can choose a bunch of short exercise programs, string them together and get a different mix every time. It tallies as you select and shows approximately how long it will take, so you get a pretty good idea of what you're getting into. The Wii Fit Plus routines are also fun to play with the whole family, although I will warn you that you need some junk in your trunk for the hoola hoop. Our 7 year old DD has no junk and cannot get the thing to register her hooping, but she can work a real one, which I can't do to save my life. But I got more than enough junk to rack up points on the Wii Fit Plus. The beauty of the Wii Fit Plus is that it has like 3 dozen different things you can do on it, and all of them burn calories.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

My Fitness Coach for the Wii is great! I love it and did it faithfully for a long time. Just about ready to start doing it again. If you like to exercise, this one is fun and doesn't get boring.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Every Monday my children and I have wii monday. We play different games together for fun. The favorites are wii sports and wii sports resort. I love my wii fit plus. I am going to check out dance dance revolution.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

[deleted]

Last edited by Angelstation; 10-07-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:24 PM
FitDay Member

Resort Sports has a really fun sword fighting game!
Old 10-29-2010, 04:15 PM
FitDay Member

I use "Your Shape" (Jenny McCarthy). I have tried Wii Fit Plus, but prepfer our Shape. It comes with a camera that watches you do the exercises and gives you feedback on if you are doing them right and if you need to tighten up your form. I mean come on, you need to know if you're doing the exercises right. if you're not, then what's the point?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Your Shape! You don't need any outside props to do the exercises either. No Wii Fit board or anything. All you need is you and your program w/camera.

I have My Fitness Coach ready to try out tomorrow night after my hubby goes to work.

Amazon sells Your Shape for only $19.71.

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Shape-Nin...8412054&sr=8-1

It's worth every penny! Give it a try!!
Old 11-11-2010, 12:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I've discovered one can play "Tetris Party" using the Wii Fit board--it's not very intensive, but at least it gets one up and moving and it's fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.