FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   Benefits of Deadlift – Most Important Fact (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/17907-benefits-deadlift-%96-most-important-fact.html)

anshthefitnessfreak 04-02-2017 03:44 AM

Benefits of Deadlift – Most Important Fact

Check out my blog posts , for more updates

Benefits of Deadlift ?

Most important benefits if deadlift is this that all of your muscle group come into picture like , back , glutes , quads , forearms , shoulders etc .
Deadlift is a most important compound movement , if someone wants to build a core strength , power & with a lot of muscle mass .
Its a great exercise for building a foundation of your body , for a stronger body parts and stability in each and every part of a body , by adding extra muscle mass to the overall personality .
This is a Compound Movement which includes each and every part of your body , which makes it very very special , specially for the beginners .

Advantages

Improves grip strength
Makes fat burning faster
Prevents injury
Cheapest exercise
Improves Cardiovascular health
Strong back
Improves your nervous system
Shock the muscles

Disadvantages

Cause Cramps
Muscle Soreness
Cause Injury if not done correctly
Lower Back pain

HOW TO DO DEADLIFT PROPERLY ?

How to do deadlift in a right way
How to do deadlift in a right way
It should be done with a proper posture or else anyone can injure himself badly during the exercise .

Lets see the Right way to do it ��

Set the Barbell
deadlift barbell

Place a barbell infornt of you during the deadlift , by adding number of plates as per your wish , but rember to set the plates tightly in a barbell , so that it doesnt move slightly , which can ultimately distract your posture , if not placed correctly .

Set your Footprints
deadlift footprints

Before the lift first of all stand close to the barbell , near your body so that when you perform , the movement then it should be along a straight line .

Check your Grip
deadlift-grip-strong

Grip is a very important part of deadlift , you can use mixed grip for a heavier weight , or else hook grip which is more painful , if you want to increase the weight , remeber to lift a barbell slightly more than your shoulder width , hands should be straight .

Back should be Straight
wrong deadlift posture

When you are about to lift the barbell from the ground , then your neck should be straight infront , so that the back of your body remain straight , which prevents your body from a lower back injury .

deadlift-avoiding-lower-back-pain

Pull a barbell with an Explosion during Concentric motion
deadlift concentric

When its time to pull the barbell , pull it with full force , by taking a deep breath , which will eventually stiff your body for lifting , in a right manner , without disturbing your balance .

Lock your body at the top
Deadlift+Top+Position

When after pulling the barbell in a straight line , just lock your entire posture at the top , which will create a stability & then go down .

Dont try to control the weight during Eccentric motion
Deadlift eccentric

When you go down with a barbell , then just dont try to control the weight , which can cause injury , so you can just drop it also .

Types of Deadlift

A Sumo Deadlift
A Trap or Hex bar
A Snatch Grip Deadlift
Straight leg deadlift
Romanian Deadlift
A Deficit or Rack Pulls
Hack Lift
Conventional Deadlift
BOTTOM LINE

Never MISS a deadlift atleast once a week , its is very important by breaking the pleateu , if the muscle are not growing then it will let it grow in a best possible way .

Its one of the best compound exercises , which every powerlifter or bodybuilder must do for building the core foundation of the body .

saracute 07-31-2017 09:10 PM

Yes, you must do it with the right technique, else it can lead to serious back injury. I read a similar article on link removed where they have cited some researches where deadlifts have proven to be best exercise for core and back muscles.

TheresaNeth 09-25-2017 06:26 PM

Thank you for sharing this detail.

iBSmartFitness 11-29-2017 03:19 AM

i recently made a tutorial on this subject myself. They way you describe it i think you should make a video yourself!!

NickMaila 01-08-2018 09:43 AM

Thank you for the information

mrbilalcj 03-31-2018 04:02 AM

thanks man for the info really appreciate it :D

Jonjac 04-07-2018 04:05 PM

deadlift is easily one of the best exercises out there alongside the squat for building total body strength

ayurvedic123 05-02-2018 06:34 PM

ouhhh this was the perfect explaination sir..i am having some back pain problem after joining the gym...and this is the much needed information aboud deadlift exercise.