FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   I weigh 388 lbs - and bike 7.5 KM everyday~ so you too can get up and excercise! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/1665-i-weigh-388-lbs-bike-7-5-km-everyday%7E-so-you-too-can-get-up-excercise.html)

missdevine 08-03-2010 01:40 AM

I weigh 388 lbs - and bike 7.5 KM everyday~ so you too can get up and excercise!

Yeah, its true - im 34 - 5'9 and 388 lbs.

I had a pituitary tumor which threw me so out of whack and my body in a hormonal imbalance which led me to gain 100 lbs in under 9 months. After pushing endocrinologists, gp's and dieticians to assist me in treating me - a simple MRI determined all the havoc!

Now ..... I am trcking myself like mad on Fit Day (which my Dietician) recommended - and i push push push myself to get on my custom made bike which can hold me up, and I ride 7.5 km everyday. Its hard somedays - but gees - No complaints people!

You too can do it! Just put your mind to it. Easier said than done - but I feel alot of shame when I go out on my bike - like Im an awful person - like people will laugh at me - but you know what - I correct the thinking and say to myself

"No More with this crusty internal script ..... I am not going to put my self worth into somoene elses hands ... its my life not theirs .... its a reflection of how they think of themselves if they want to make cattle calls!"

So there you have it! Get to it! :)

mtlgirl 08-03-2010 02:58 AM

Amazing attitude, missdivine! I totally can relate to you. I often feel embarrassed to go out running in public but I have been doing it faithfully 3 times a week for the last 10 weeks. I have made it more important to me, to get healthy than to worry about what some stranger thinks of an overweight person jogging in the morning. And you are totally right, people who would say something mean-spirited to an overweight person exercising in public, are not happy or confident people, so their own misery is their problem.

The internal script is the single most important change you can make because essentially it's the key that unlocks the success of your physical efforts. Without believing you can do something, you won't do it and this is why this forum is so helpful. Here, you can find plenty of people who have felt and lived what you are feeling and living and the advice they have to give is priceless!

Keep up the amazing work! :)

rpmcduff 08-03-2010 03:02 AM

When ever I see a large person out exercising I fell only admiration for them. The fact that they are out making an effort to be healthier instead of sitting at home on the couch puts them a step above 50% of all their neighbors. Don't ever be ashamed to do whatever it takes to improve yourself. Good luck on your journey.

missdevine 08-03-2010 03:57 AM

Ya know I just went out for my ride .....

and there was a group of very well built construction workers who seemed to be on break - they are building new houses on my street ...... I see that hen people stop what they are doing to look at me go - they want to laugh, or cheer, or snicker -

but hey - im doing something about my weight - im making choices that best reflect how I want to live my life.

I have always done that- I have a great career which was very difficult to engage in as a woman, and preservered - I have a wonderful husband who loves me and admires my resilience - and I have ME -

sure there are times I feel sad - alot of times - but I cant project my misery of how i look onto others - because thats what others do to large people.

Those who look down on somoene else do so because somewhere in their life they have gotten the short end of the stick - AND STUCK WITH IT ..... and i am out there changing my stick!

Great work to you guys for sticking with it ... the internal dialogue has been very arduous and long for me .... and comes from a low self esteem from childhood - but im not that person anymore and can change :)

Onwards and upwards!

8.05KM in 35:49min!:D

kb44 08-03-2010 04:16 AM

Way to go, keep up the wonderful attitude, you will make it .