Notices

Feet Pain

Old 07-12-2010, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Feet Pain

Sorry for the long post and thank you for taking the time.

I am hoping someone here can help out.

I suffer from chronic feet pain, the pain can be described as burning in the soles of my feet. It gets worse the more I use them. I am generally fine when I walk but if the day is long or a lot of walking then I am in pain. If I start to get physical - walking for exercise (that is to say brisk walking), hiking, jogging or anything that increases the impact to my feet the pain becomes unbearable. I sometimes cannot walk.

I have tried a variety of orthotics including Podiatrist custom made but the only ones that seem to work are Superfeet - and that only delays the pain.

I have seen a physical therapist, Podiatrist, MD and others about this. There are x-rays with no observable damage. They have ruled out trauma and plantar faciaitis but have determined that i do have flat feet.

I did have a running store owner mention once that it seems my feet are absolutely flat and any correction can be over-correction so he recommended primarily just cushioning for shoes. This helps but the problem is still there.

Has anyone had similar problems - i am open to any ideas.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hello,

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your foot pain, but I have one suggestion for you.
Any aerobic exercise like running or walking you should perform on a stationary bike or rowing machine that would help minimize the impact on your heels.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

thanks for your response - I do use those machines and they help. I am trying to expand beyond those limits.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry to hear you have to work your way around a medical condition. As far as cardio is concerned: have you tried biking or swimming?

Best wishes!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

I don't have this problem, but I have heard that weak muscles can cause the arch to fall (not sure which muscles). Have you tried physical therapy? You might be able to strengthen the muscles that support your feet to help decrease the pain. Just a suggestion without knowing your situation...
Old 07-25-2010, 05:11 PM
FitDay Member

Flat Feet Treatment - How to Strengthen Flat Feet | Mark's Daily Apple

Check this out (along with the rest of the site). It could really help.

I am in agreement with on of the above posters, it sounds like you need to strengthen your feet (like pretty much the rest of the population!)