Minimum training required to retain muscle and strength while cutting

Community
Notices

Minimum training required to retain muscle and strength while cutting

Old 05-11-2016, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Minimum training required to retain muscle and strength while cutting

Hi,

I have been obese and inactive almost all my life.

This year i have made more effort to lose weight and become more active and got decent results.

I'm 33, 5ft 8' male and lost about 30 lbs [250->220] in the last 4 months via intermittent fasting and watching calories.

I have also started walking and doing light weight training such as air squats[15x3] and deadlift [80kg, 12x2] 3 days/week.

I also try to do pushups, but honestly can't do a proper one yet.

Will this be enough to retain any muscle i had, if not whats the least i can do to retain it?

I also want to mention that i can't eat much protein since i have uric acid issues too.

Thank you!

P.S: When I deadlift, I hold the weight for 5 secs for every rep and in the last rep i take 1-2 min break and then try to hold it for as long as possible [60-70 secs], is this a good way to develop grip too?
Old 05-15-2016, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Bump
Old 05-16-2016, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Body weight exercises are a great way to retain or build muscle. It's hard to know what's the least you can do to rain muscle.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:19 PM
FitDay Member

Proper nutrition is very important. I have learned that one needs to cut down on fat in order to maintain your hard earned muscle and with the help of supplements. It is required to maintain the intensity of your training too. Here's another article about proper diet for burning fat and maintaining muscle mass : How to Maintain Your Muscle While Dieting. You may read it, I believe it could help you a lot.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 05-16-2016 at 10:28 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 06-29-2016, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Keeping muscle while losing weight can be tricky, no doubt about it. Especially when you're unable to take in protein. If you want to keep your muscle MASS, you're in a good spot. If you want to keep your STRENGTH, however, I'd suggest doing heavier deadlifts in the 3-5 rep range.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:32 PM
FitDay Member

People have various shapes. One of those is called, "hourglass". It is genetic. Someone could work hard at the fitness center, eat correctly but never attain that particular look if their shape is boyish or rectangular. Someone might have large hips, actually, wider pelvic bones than the span of the shoulders. Such an individual might be described as having a pear shape. Certainly, it would be beneficial to join a good facility and hire a trainer. Natural means may not result in any given desired body shape.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

you have to work out a lot for retain muscle and I think u have to join any kind of sports for better fitness so in my opinion football will the best sport for you. I'm a big supporter of football and nowadays I'm watching Afcon 2017 live.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 01-17-2017 at 10:56 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 01-25-2024, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

There are many factors that affect the price of biological ghostwriting . For example, if the regulations and difficulty coefficients of each paper are different, the price of biological ghostwriting will also be different; The prices of papers with different deadlines and difficulty levels also vary.