Notices

Body Sculpting Help

Old 06-18-2010, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default Body Sculpting Help

I'm really trying hard to sculpt my body so I can be comfortable in a bathing suit.. I've had this problem my whole life, theres a little roll of fat right underneath my breasts on my stomach and it has made me feel so bad about myself.. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? or if anyone knows how to "cure" it?? is there a specific exercise I do? I exercise daily and no matter how much weight I lose, it doesn't go away. help!!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:56 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the myth that you can spot reduce is just that, a MYTH. Many people have a area that holds onto fat when they seem to reduce everywhere else. Unfortunately, you will need to lower your bodyfat percentage before it disappears. The good news is it will go away. I don't know what your workout routine is like but if your are just dieting without strength training you will end up with a body with all the same trouble spots. That is because without strength training your weight loss comes from 50% fat and 50% muscle. I suggest you check out some of the transformations on Bodybuilding.com. The forums there are filled with people with similar problems. But the good news they overcame... and so can you.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default Advice

As has been mentioned in a number of posts, losing weight, even in a specific spot, is a combination of healthy eating and exercise, which must include free weight training. Thirty minutes on the treadmill will not do anything. Read New Rules of Lifting for Women. Follow the plan. Hire a trainer to help you start. Use this site to keep track of calories.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

No matter what I do, I can't get rid of my pudge belly. Even when I was a teenager and 125 pounds soaking wet. So I don't have a miracle cure. However, I do have a Miracle Suit, I bought it off Miraclesuit Control Swimsuits - Slimming Swimwear - Cyberswim. They are expensive, and from reading the reviews it seems the colors in real life are much brighter than the pictures on the website show. The one I bought looked like a dark burgundy wine color, but it's really a bright cherry red. I love love love mine