FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   How to have an hourglass body shape? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/13579-how-have-hourglass-body-shape.html)

jean16 03-16-2016 12:30 AM

How to have an hourglass body shape?

What kind of exercises do I need to do?

Kathy13118 03-16-2016 06:16 AM

Pilates exercises (google 'Pilates mat exercises') will help strengthen your core muscles. This helps you to stand taller. It's difficult to shape a body but you can do a lot to accentuate the positive features of your body!

jean16 03-17-2016 12:20 AM

thank you for the response... Does wearing a corset or waist trainer helps? Kim Kardashian is wearing it and she have this tiny waist. Is it really effective?

Kathy13118 03-17-2016 03:48 AM

Ask your doctor about that. It can be so uncomfortable but I'm not sure whether there is danger of damaging your body. That's why a doctor would be the best source of information about corsets. It could depend on how long you plan to wear the corset.

01gt4.6 03-17-2016 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by jean16 (Post 120814)
thank you for the response... Does wearing a corset or waist trainer helps? Kim Kardashian is wearing it and she have this tiny waist. Is it really effective?

Have you seen any unphotoshopped pics of her?

Physics1 05-14-2016 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by jean16 (Post 120798)
What kind of exercises do I need to do?

Hula hoop, squats, and pushups

IBJoel 06-02-2016 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by jean16 (Post 120814)

Yes and no. Waist trainers are most beneficial for reducing bloat and revealing abs when at an already-low body fat percentage. I know one of the figure competitors I work with on occasion uses one before a show.

Overall, building an hourglass is going to depend on your regular body shape. If someone is wider at the hips, already, they'll want to focus on their upper body (shoulder press, rows, etc). If you want to build hips/glutes: squats, hip thrusters (also called bridges), straight-leg deadlift/good mornings, and side lunges.

Generally you'll want 4 or so weighted sets of 8-15 reps of each exercise, with 90 seconds of rest in between. That's to get hypertrophy, while other goals may require different weight, sets and reps, or rest time.

Fitter12 07-16-2022 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 121904)
Yes and no. Waist trainers are most beneficial for reducing bloat and revealing abs when at an already-low body fat percentage. I know one of the figure competitors I work with on occasion uses one before a show.

Overall, building an hourglass is going to depend on your regular body shape. If someone is wider at the hips, already, they'll want to focus on their upper body (shoulder press, rows, etc). If you want to build hips/glutes: squats, hip thrusters (also called bridges), straight-leg deadlift/good mornings, and side lunges.

Generally you'll want 4 or so weighted sets of 8-15 reps of each exercise, with 90 seconds of rest in between. That's to get hypertrophy, while other goals may require different weight, sets and reps, or rest time.

Agree with your points.

Fitter12 07-16-2022 10:00 PM

Can you explain a bit more? BTW, I'm impressed with your knowledge.

RyanTaylor66 11-13-2022 05:58 PM

Having an hourglass body shape is something that many people strive for. There are a few things that you can do to help achieve this look.
First, you have to ensure that you are eating healthy foods and getting enough exercise. Eating healthy foods will help to reduce the amount of fat in your body, while exercise will help to tone your muscles. You should also focus on wearing clothing that accentuates your waistline. Wearing a belt can help to give the illusion of an hourglass shape, as can wearing form-fitting clothing. If you focus on these things, you should be able to achieve the hourglass body shape that you desire.