Notices

How do I find the time?

Old 06-12-2010, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

Question How do I find the time?

Hi! I have finally decided that after gaining 40-50lbs. in the past 3 years it is time to get back to my old self. I realize now it's going to be a hard long road. I work 2 jobs and I have to play wife so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to fit exercise into a busy schedule. I am really determined but I could use a few suggestions.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

I hear ya on the busy lifestyle. During my break at work, I power walk. I also have been walking at lunch. Wearing a pedometer helped me to see how many steps I take and I tried to reach 10,000 every day and then add to it. What I did was just say to my husband and son that I need time for me and my health. When I come home now, I look over my sons homework and I walk 3-6 miles. On weekends I also take Me time as I call it. Its a good way to clear your head and get exercise in. You start small and work your way up. Last year I was 25 pounds heavier. You can do this
Old 06-13-2010, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

I've got a toddler, an infant, a husband, and a full time job. I get up at 5am so that I have time to feed the baby and workout before the husband and toddler get up. If I miss that window during the week, I work out at lunchtime. If I miss it during the weekend, I try to do it during naptime, but that is often a disaster.