Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Evidence Based Exercise and Therapy? >

Evidence Based Exercise and Therapy?

Community
Notices

Evidence Based Exercise and Therapy?

Old 07-16-2015, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Evidence Based Exercise and Therapy?

Hello Everyone,

A couple of student physios and exercise professionals including myself have created a page for posting up-do-date information based on scientific research; regarding exercise and therapy; occasionally we post information on medical advances also.

If you think you have an interesting subject to be researched for the wider community that is relevant; just PM the page and we will get back to you ASAP.

Page URL: Evidence Based Exercise & Therapy

Information Forum: https://goo.gl/tNh8Cm
Free CPD / Courses Forum: https://goo.gl/YIGh5A

Regards,
Evidence Based Exercise & Therapy

Old 07-16-2015, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Factors in Metabolic Rate

You may already have the answer to this, but I find alot of junk info when searching for this answer on the internet.
I looked up "calories burned sitting in a hot tub." Comments I found were that the number was not significantly greater than sitting somewhere else. I think that there is probably an effect, but just not immediately apparent. If exercising in very hot weather increases the calories burned for exercises, I think heating up your muscles in a hot tub would increase your metabolic rate for that day so more calories are burned. At least I am more relaxed, which gives me motivation to do other things. What do you think?
Old 07-16-2015, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the links for the courses--they look really interesting! Vicki
Old 07-24-2015, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by regina885
You may already have the answer to this, but I find alot of junk info when searching for this answer on the internet.
I looked up "calories burned sitting in a hot tub." Comments I found were that the number was not significantly greater than sitting somewhere else. I think that there is probably an effect, but just not immediately apparent. If exercising in very hot weather increases the calories burned for exercises, I think heating up your muscles in a hot tub would increase your metabolic rate for that day so more calories are burned. At least I am more relaxed, which gives me motivation to do other things. What do you think?
Significance is the key word. It may have an effect; but may not be statistically significant - VERY VERY SMALL, and not worth doing.

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Thanks for the links for the courses--they look really interesting! Vicki
Your welcome. xD