Notices

Hula Hooping!

Old 06-04-2010, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hula Hooping!

Does any one else here hula hoop? I just started and it is soooo much fun! I've read that you can burn up to 200 cals in 30 mins just standing and hooping, and I can hoop easily for an hour standing in my living room watching tv. Right now I just have a cheap $7 hoop that I got at walgreens but now that I know I like it and will use it I plan on investing in a weighted hoop.

So for my fellow hoopers: what kind of hoop do you use and what are some of your favorite tricks?

Since I just started, right now my favorites tricks are all of the ones that I can actually do.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:58 PM
FitDay Member

I'll try anything as long as it's fun and keeps me active. LOL
Old 06-06-2010, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

I hear ya... I get bored with things very quickly especially when it comes to exercise. I'm always looking for something new and fun to do. Hooping is the one part of my routine that I actually look forward to!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

I have a couple of "hippie" friends that are HUGE into hula-hooping. It's the major hippie craze at the moment. They have a number of hula hoops, one is weighted and its for beginners and DOES give you a good work out. They have thus moved onto custom made hula-hoops and now take classes on how to hula hoop like a hippie.

I know this sounds weird...it is!!! lol