Notices

People With Disablities

Old 05-22-2010, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default People With Disablities

Are there any other members that have disabilities? This is my second time joining. I was a member in 2007 when I was "slimming" down for my son's wedding. I didn't really exercise then, but have recently gotten up to 2.25 miles on my walking tape. Unfortunately I quit and it has been about two miles. I can lift weights also but I have trouble getting up and down from the floor as I am a bilateral beneath the knee amputee, but I do pretty well.

I just wanted to share with other people that might have trouble exercising. Actually, I consider myself very fortunate. Anyway, maybe we can be a comfort to and motivator of each other.

Jaynie
Old 05-26-2010, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Jaybrodz~

I just wanted to say wow...you are an inspiration.

I have a lack of cartilege problem with my knees, and a problem with my immune system, and I struggle to get myself motivated to walk an hour 4-5 times a week.

Have a great day!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hi. I am normally at the Women's Only and then One Hundred Pounds to lose forum. I just checked this to see if anyone had replied. You go too. How many pounds do you have to lose?

Jaynie
Old 06-02-2010, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

:While I don't consider myself disabled, I do understand the challenge when your mind wants to work out, but you have to fight your own body to make it happen. I'm 35, with arthritis and chronic tendonitis in mutiple joints, and I'm on Celebrex twice a day. Sometimes I have to reschedule my workouts because I need more time for the meds to kick in and sometimes I need to back off on the exercise even though I don't want to, but I do what I can. Some is better than none, and when the spirit is willing, a solution to a problem can always be found . So I lose the weight a little slower, so what? In the end I'm still better off than when I started.